ID Please

Can any of you guys ID this for me Please...Its one I picked up last week for £1 along with some other razors...It came in a blue plastic case if thats any help...Is it a Slim ? Fat boy?...I have no idea, but it needs a bloody good fettle before I can use it...This is just as it was found condition wise..

[attachment=5362]

Attachments

• IMG_5957A.jpg
    IMG_5957A.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5958A.jpg
    IMG_5958A.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 35
GOLDCREST said:
Can any of you guys ID this for me Please...Its one I picked up last week for £1 along with some other razors...It came in a blue plastic case if thats any help...Is it a Slim ? Fat boy?...I have no idea, but it needs a bloody good fettle before I can use it...This is just as it was found condition wise..

Great price you payed for this '63 Slim Adjustable!

GOLDCREST said:
Is it a good shave Chris?...
I'll give it a good clean and disinfect then give it a try, I don't think its been used much at all by the look of it...its just a bit mucky.

Very nice, William. Two reminders - loosen the doors a touch before adjusting, and give the knob an extra quarter-turn to lock the doors down before applying to face, otherwise blood can ensue.:angel::s

GOLDCREST said:
Is it a good shave?...
I'll give it a good clean and disinfect then give it a try, I don't think its been used much at all by the look of it...its just a bit mucky.

Hi there,

You might start with the #4 or #5 setting. That's about the same amount of bite as what the EJ 89 head feels like to me. Same is true of vintage Gillettes like the superspeed and the US made Aristocrats.

The Slim is just as popular as a Fatboy, although they shave a bit differently.

Martin

A shop absolutely full of junk..just on the off chance I asked if they had any old razors,and they started finding them all over the place,mixed in with old lipsticks,spoons old specs etc...When I fond out they only wanted £1 each for the DE I bought the lot..some will be scrappers probably, but then again maybe not....Keep me out of mischief restoring 'em anyway..

[attachment=5364]
[attachment=5365]

Thanks Chris and Martin for the advice, I'll keep that in mind when I get round to using the adjustables'...They're soaking in warm soapy water at the moment prior to cleaning them.....I got the case colour wrong..Its red not blue...the blue case has a heavy handled tech in it..

Attachments

• IMG_5938A.jpg
    IMG_5938A.jpg
    379.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5965A.jpg
    IMG_5965A.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 24
See attached

Some of those are worth quite a bit (in good condition)

Bulldog - circa £50
Cased slim - Circa £35
Flare Tip Rocket - Circa £20
#77 circa £30?

[attachment=5370]

Enjoyed that.

Perhaps we should have a guess that razor competition?

Attachments

• IMG_5938A.jpg
    IMG_5938A.jpg
    419.5 KB · Views: 18
BlkKnight said:
See attached

Some of those are worth quite a bit (in good condition)

Bulldog - circa £50
Cased slim - Circa £35
Flare Tip Rocket - Circa £20
#77 circa £30?

Enjoyed that.

Perhaps we should have a guess that razor competition?

Thanks for that BlkKnight...That was going to be my next question, I didn't know what the *77 was...it looks to be in pretty good nick and the silver plate looks good though a little tarnished...Just started cleaning some of them up, got five of 'em done so far..But I might invest in an ultrasonic cleaner to get at the muck I can't see...

A mans gotta have his toys...hasn't he.

merwtje said:
Very nice lot. All sorts of types.

For that Bulldog (middle bottom) I have a very good home (case) if you like.

Thanks for the offer Irwin...not sure if the Bulldog warrants a case yet, I haven't got around to cleaning that one...The stem has a longish crack which will need a bit of attention..(Maybe silver soldered so the repair shouldn't stand out from the silver plate)...My intention really is to use them for shaving on a daily basis...

Can I take a rain check on the case at the moment?..'til I see what the Bulldog looks like cleaned up.

Back
Top Bottom