I feel daft asking but...

Dax said:
I feel daft asking but, am I going to be able to buy DE blades easily in Berlin?

the uk is part of the eu.

so most places that deliver to the uk will also deliver to berlin.

the sell the blades in a lot of places, most people just over look them

Define what you think of as "easily" and what you think of as "with great difficulty, bordering on impossible".

In which country are Merkur razors made? and Merkur blades?

What is the capital city state of that country?

If you are still having difficulty, remember that taxi drivers know where to get anything and everything - and have the means to take you there.

For my future reference, is it not possible to just chuck a pack of blades into your hold luggage along with all one's other sharps, bottles and tubes over 100ml, de dah?

Sadly, we've gone with Ryan Air. £50 for a hold bag is a bit steep. Cabin luggage only.
I know my question seems daft but I recently had a trip to Vegas and it was a nightmare tracking some down.

It is a right pain, the razor blade thing.

If I'm doing a hand luggage only flight I tend to just take a couple of disposable Gillette Blue II's with me. They aren't great, but then again the DE blade you manage to find abroad may not be so great either.

You could alternatively post some to your hotel so they are waiting for you when you arrive.

I had my tech in hand luggage by mistake, forgot to put it with the blades in hold luggage. Bag got searched, then put back through the x-ray machine. Thing is though, I'd had a hair cut recently, and asked the barber for a few blades they use for shaving, he gave me a couple, which I popped into my wallet. I didn't realise the blades were there until I was paying for something whilst abroad. So whilst the guy was checking my luggage, I had two de blades in my wallet, having completely forgotten they were there.

Dax said:
Sadly, we've gone with Ryan Air. £50 for a hold bag is a bit steep. Cabin luggage only.
I know my question seems daft but I recently had a trip to Vegas and it was a nightmare tracking some down.

Ryanair? Self inflicted wound, then.

PavlovsDog said:
I took a pack of blades in hand luggage when I travelled to Belfast on easyjet a few weeks back.

Garbe said:
I had my tech in hand luggage by mistake, forgot to put it with the blades in hold luggage. Bag got searched, then put back through the x-ray machine. Thing is though, I'd had a hair cut recently, and asked the barber for a few blades they use for shaving, he gave me a couple, which I popped into my wallet. I didn't realise the blades were there until I was paying for something whilst abroad. So whilst the guy was checking my luggage, I had two de blades in my wallet, having completely forgotten they were there.

In both cases were there any problems getting them through? Trouble is you don't know who you'll get checking and foreign airports' rules can be different so prob best to buy a cartridge-based razor. It's all a bit daft having all these ultra high security rules especially looking at @Garbe's post above!

Other than on-line and from each other, where do you buy blades in UK? All Tesco had to offer yesterday were own brand affairs. I realise now that it's an age since I saw a pack of blades on display anywhere - have to admit I avoid shops as much as possible/like the plague and that might have an effect.

Any of the independet chemists (Apotheke if you don't speak German) there will carry them the same as places here do. Somewhere like Karstadt or Galleria Kaufhof, though not cheap (think department store) will also carry them

Back
Top Bottom