How Many Shaves Before Changing?

How Many Shaves Before Changing the Blade?

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • 2/3

Votes: 41 54.7%
  • 4/5

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • 6/7

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • 8/9

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 10 +

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How many shaves do you get before changing the blade... on average.
I know the results will very because we all have different faces using different blades but I'm just wondering :)

depends on the blade - polsilver SIs last beyond 3 for me but rubbish blades will go after 1 or 2 shaves

i know its cheap but i cant throw something away if its still got life in it :)

Ingeneral 3 shaves. There are one or two brands I use for 2 sahves and out and few for one and out.

Never taken a blade through to a fourth shave but there are a couple, Bolzano, Personna Platinum and Personna Labs blues where the third shave was so good I probably could have gone to a fourth on that blade.

2 shaves and out for most of my blades.
To be proper geeky, I have a spreadsheet that says on average I use a blade 2.39 times. (And no, that doesn't mean I only shave 39% of my face on every 3rd shave) :)

I change a blade when I feel it needs changing. Varies with the blade and razor combination, usually somewhere between 1 and 7 days.

No point in binning something that still has another shave left in it and by the same token no point in persevering with something knackered just because you have to get another x shaves out of it.

I think I change after about three. But I have a few on the go, so if am traveling and or mixing in straights it gets confusing. If it looks old I change it. For the price I doesnt want a bad shave.

I know from my spreadsheet that I'm averaging 5.5 shaves a blade at the moment, so I've put it in as 6, there was no 5/6 option. thinking about it though I'm trending downwards so probably should have entered 5. Ah well.

Back
Top Bottom