Hoffritz Slant Razor

Don't have any one source, however it's generally accepted that the Hoffritz brand was produced for them by Merkur & just branded with their name. Hoffritz were taken over by, I believe International Cutlery. The 1950s Merkur slant I have is virtually identical to the 50s "slim handled" Hoffritzs. I've noticed that some of the Hoffritz razors, both closed comb & slant on Ebay recently are almost identical to current Merkur design, which probably places them into 60s or possibly later manufacture. With all the 50s manufactured Hoffritz I've seen the rotating locking device at the base of the handle removes entirely, rather than being held captive as it is in the later models.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Have a gratuitous pic of mine

attachment.php

JohnnyO said:
Now that brightened up my morning no end Tadster. Looks almost pristine & I bet it's still shaving as well as the day it left the shop.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:/

The thing is just like new. As for how it shaves, I cant bring myself to try it:blush:

Aww, come on The Tadster. You owe it to yourself to make a "special" celebration of it on a suitable occasion. I'll wager that after one careful shave, dedicated wash with lukewarm water & pat dry it'll be as good as ever.
Just because you're worth it !

JohnnyO. \:angel:

tadpole said:
JohnnyO said:
Now that brightened up my morning no end Tadster. Looks almost pristine & I bet it's still shaving as well as the day it left the shop.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:/

The thing is just like new. As for how it shaves, I cant bring myself to try it:blush:

I find mine quite mild actually I have a closed comb Hoffritz which is much more aggressive it is nearly on a par with my R41 which i find strange as i thought the slant would be the one to bite me in the arse.

I've been using mine all week, and must say it's really good.

I was sorta expecting a blood bath, but not one nic.

DFS on two pass
BBS on three.

Back
Top Bottom