Hodgson for England?

When I read some of this stuff I'm tempted to join the majority of Pompey fans in their feelings about the Saints:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?37700-Roy-Hodgson-for-ENGLAND!

Agree with Fido.

They could do worse.
Spurs recent form has shown that once Harry's heart isn't in it, the team suffers.

Liverpool aside, Hodgson has worked wonders at every club he's been at.

The way he saved Fulham (at the expense of my Readingfc) 4 or 5 years ago was masterful.

Fido said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17888928

Is their more to know about Harry that the FA have rumbled or is Hodgson really that good?

Probably not but it would cost the FA a bucket load of compensation to extract him from his Spurs contract whereas Roy has a clause in his or it finishes at the end of this season. I actually think it would be a good a choice.

antdad said:
Fido said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17888928

Is their more to know about Harry that the FA have rumbled or is Hodgson really that good?

Probably not but it would cost the FA a bucket load of compensation to extract him from his Spurs contract whereas Roy has a clause in his or it finishes at the end of this season. I actually think it would be a good a choice.

I am sure Harry could sort it out with a brown envelope, problem solved. Hodgson NO ! As for Harry, I am a saints supporter, and as you know there is history with us and Harry. Part of me actually says he may, just may make a good job of it. Better him than a non English manager.

jon_hall said:
I've not stopped laughing, but to be fair he does well with small teams so England might have a chance doing well.

Ah yes not big enough for the pool was he. You shouldn't laugh really...your chosen one with a 100 + mil cash injection hasn't done that much better and your city rivals with no money and are currently residing above you in the table. Now that's funny.

antdad said:
jon_hall said:
I've not stopped laughing, but to be fair he does well with small teams so England might have a chance doing well.

Ah yes not big enough for the pool was he. You shouldn't laugh really...your chosen one with a 100 + mil cash injection hasn't done that much better and your city rivals with no money and are currently residing above you in the table. Now that's funny.

You're not a closet Everton fan are you Tony? It's normally the sum total of their ambitions to say they're above Liverpool in the table.

I think Roy would be well advised to steer clear of the England job. He was "big enough" for Liverpool but what he wasn't was strong enough to deal with the pressures of the job, a failing which doesn't exactly bold well for when the national football journalists decide he's not flavour of the month with them anymore. A shame really, because he seems like a decent bloke.

Would like to see Harry given a chance, bit of a character, has a media friendly, down to earth approach and the players themselves seem quite keen on him being in charge. Hodgson for all his credentials seems a safer FIFA friendly appointment. He may be tougher with the prima donnas in the squad though where Harry seems a bit matey!

Back
Top Bottom