High end razors

I have the ATT S1 and S2 slants. These work great for me. Generally I like slants a lot. I read very good things about the Blackbird Blackland and the Timeless, but I have no experience with them. Would love to try them though. Is the Rockwell 6s considered high end? I have that too and it is a great shaver.

Which do your prefer. The S-1 or S-2?

^ That's not an easy question to answer but I will give it a shot. I prefer the S1 for more frequent shaving, the S2 for more days' growth. The latter feels more aggressive and it is a two-pass razor, for me. The S1 is more of a three-pass razor and it feels a little bit smoother. The S2 has more blade feel -or is it the teeth from the open comb?! If in doubt and/or if you prefer milder razors the S1 seems like a safer bet. Shavers who prefer medium aggressive razors may like the S2 more. I am keeping both for sure.

Not sure what high end means in the world of DE's. If it was to be a case of the most expensive then it has to be a Seygus head which pairs nicely with my DIY long brass handle. Other than looking nice and shiny they just happen to give a great shave, but a bugger to keep.................nice and shiny.

I have ATT M1, R1 and SE1 - all excellent, in every respect.

Also have a Hone 15 and 15a. Both also excellent, with the 15 edging it in the performance and beauty stakes.

If you are looking for a great shave and something that looks great, I would recommend the Hone 15.

I appreciate that YMMV.

All the best,

Chris

Just the Feather AS-D2... Aesthetically gorgeous, superb build quality, small blade exposure so can be thrown around the face without fear of nicks or weepers yet very efficient at the same time (when used at the correct angle) so literally the best of both worlds.

YMMV :D

what he said :)

Back
Top Bottom