High end creams and a/s balms

I've developed a taste for Fitjar Shea, Martin De Candre is next on the list, which I was going to order today but the site was down.

As far as balms are concerned, Fitjar is excellent - I like their shaving cream as well because it lathers easily in this hard water area. However, the soap is much more difficult.

I recently done a review in the review section for Murdoch Shave Cream, excellent stuff.
I also like the Fitjar lighthouse soap, beautiful scent and great lather.

UKRob said:
As far as balms are concerned, Fitjar is excellent - I like their shaving cream as well because it lathers easily in this hard water area. However, the soap is much more difficult.
I think I'm lucky as I don't have a problem in getting a good lather, as I live in an area where the water is neither too soft nor too hard.

T+H is about as rich as I can go, I do like their creams. I've tried the samples of fitjar and I liked it a lot but I can't quite justify thirty pounds on some soap, it didn't shave any better than my usual creams and it didn't make me any more handsome.
I can see the appeal in owning a "Rolls Royce" but I can't reconcile it with my available cash.

I have a FitJar and do not think it worth the money.

It was MOT day today and seems that my non-functioning steering lock will get me a 'fail' next year - estimated £300 in parts. I'll need four tyres in the next month or five. S'a bugger when the essentials of life interfere with one's more frivolous tendencies! Mind, three to four FitJar creams for the same as a new tyre adds perspective!

I love AdP and have Castle Forbes lime,both of which i use on special occasions,i also have a myriad of other creams that at the time i just had to try,i'm guessing i'm not the only one with quite a few open creams having used them only a couple of times.

Dave.

Bechet45 said:
I have a FitJar and do not think it worth the money.
Do you think it's worth a swap with my used twice Endymion? :icon_biggrin:
Joking aside though I know what you mean.
I think that G.F.T is, for me, one of the best creams I have used, it gives a great lather and you can actually feel the glycerine on your face when you rinse it off.

I seem to be going in the opposite direction. Palmolive, Arko and now Ingrams create such good lather I'm not often tempted up the scale much now. Even Body Shop Macca Root at £8 seems a full price to pay for an excellent cream. Perhaps another Castle Forbes come the spring. Same with A/S. I used to spend a fair amount, but in recent years discovered much better value in the cheaper ranges.

I have the CF Lavender and will probably get the balm in the same scent soon. Just need to use up a couple of other products first...

The cream and balms of CF are really good quality and go well together.

jodypress said:
Santa MAria Novella is my high end favourite. The pre/post cream is sublime.

Please tell us more! Where did you buy?

The London shop want £85 for 100ml Tobacco Toscano cologne. Nearly a new tyre! Mind, some Montale Black Aoud was more than a new tyre last week - but that was before the MOT. The shave cream is £42! Bad enough? They then charge £12 postage. Too high end for me!

Back
Top Bottom