Hi from Somerset - UK

Jay,
Welcome to TSR, you're among fellow addicts.

Quality workmanship and we love pics! Have you considered offering this as a commercial service, or will it remain purely at hobbyist level?

Regards,
Chris

Jay,
Welcome to TSR, you're among fellow addicts.

Quality workmanship and we love pics! Have you considered offering this as a commercial service, or will it remain purely at hobbyist level?

Regards,
Chris
Hi Chris,

I will try and post some more pics tomorrow ! I only ever intended on just restoring razors for myself and to give as gifts to my family etc, but to be honest I love doing the restorations so much and am going to run out of razors to restore by the end of the week! I also had a few PMs on another site so have agreed to restore their razors for them too. I set up a quick website for them to see examples and options etc. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links on here though.

Cheers,

Jay :)

You've got some skills
2q2gwi8.gif

Welcome from a Shepton Mallet'er! Somerset born, Somerset bred, strong in the arm & thick in the head.... As they say :D

Hi Chris,

I will try and post some more pics tomorrow ! I only ever intended on just restoring razors for myself and to give as gifts to my family etc, but to be honest I love doing the restorations so much and am going to run out of razors to restore by the end of the week! I also had a few PMs on another site so have agreed to restore their razors for them too. I set up a quick website for them to see examples and options etc. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links on here though.

Cheers,

Jay,
There will be a lot of us, including me, who would be interested in your replating/restoration services, should you decide to offer them more widely. Have you attempted any TTO/one piece razor replates yet?

I'm sure one of the moderators will give a definitive response but as a guide you post here for its own sake, so probably not a good idea to link to another blog or web site.

Regards,
Chris

Jay,
There will be a lot of us, including me, who would be interested in your replating/restoration services, should you decide to offer them more widely. Have you attempted any TTO/one piece razor replates yet?

I'm sure one of the moderators will give a definitive response but as a guide you post here for its own sake, so probably not a good idea to link to another blog or web site.

Regards,
Chris
Hi Chris,

I'm actually working on a couple of TTO's at the moment - a Milord in ahold and a 1952 Superspeed in nickel which I'm going to finish in Rhodium.

I've not done a full strip down and replate of any adjustables - just a chrome strip and replate (assembled) of a Progress though.

Cheers,

Jay

Welcome to the forum Chris. A replating service would go down a storm here, I've a few that would love a new coat!
Hi Gordy !

I set up a site for a few people that wanted me to plate their razors and was thinking of posting a link in the restoration forum - maybe a discount code just for forum members ? If someone could let me know if that is allowed I would be happy to do a some razors for people. I would limit the amount I did though because I would only ever want to do top quality rather than rush jobs - and I wouldn't want a long list and people having to wait over a month to get their pride and joy back.

Take care,

Definitely contact one of the mods. I reckon there will be conditions attached to vendor business (distance selling regulation conformity would be a given if it's a side business) and you may need an established reputation before our mods or forum owner would permit any chance of an assumed association between vendor and TSR.
I'm a long way from home right now so can't search stickies easily (and is not really my place).
As an aside, the is definitely room for razor restoration services in the UK. Search engine optimisation may be enough and you can become established here as a common or garden TSR resident.

Back
Top Bottom