Hi from Somerset - UK

Definitely contact one of the mods. I reckon there will be conditions attached to vendor business (distance selling regulation conformity would be a given if it's a side business) and you may need an established reputation before our mods or forum owner would permit any chance of an assumed association between vendor and TSR.
I'm a long way from home right now so can't search stickies easily (and is not really my place).
As an aside, the is definitely room for razor restoration services in the UK. Search engine optimisation may be enough and you can become established here as a common or garden TSR resident.

Hey Tom,

To be honest search engine optimisation is an easy one ... it seems there are few options in the UK so the Google ranking has little competition - I've got the site on the second page of google within 48 hours for most keywords. I've run commercial sites previously so the logistics are all OK - I just want to make sure that I keep everyone completely happy as it's a fab forum and after all it's my hobby and done primarily because I enjoy it.

I would happily have contacted one of the mods in advance of asking on the general forum, but I'm not sure who best to contact. If you anyone could point me in the right direction that would be incredibly appreciated as I want to make sure I do things the right way even though I'm only intending on doing a limited number of razors.

All the best,

Jay :)

I've contacted a mod, as I want to make sure that I do things the right way. I'm not wanting to do large volumes of razors .... as it's my hobby and passion restoring old things -I just love doing razor restorations and am now running out of my own to do!

I would only accept a few razors at a time so that a razor would only take one or two weeks from arriving to being returned and home with the owner where it belongs.

I was thinking it would be nice to give a discount code for the kind people that have made me feel so welcome since I joined this fab site, but firstly have to respect everyone's wishes and have therefore reached out to a Mod to check everything before I can proceed any further.

Best wishes,

Thought I'd also say hello to everyone in this thread as I'm also from sunny Somerset.

Started proper wet shaving last year after receiving a tube of Bigelow last Christmas and was blown away by the difference from gels & gunk. I actually started shaving with a brush & cream from The Body Shop as a youngster, but after a while I went onto the canned stuff.

Did a lot of reading online particularly Sharpologist, and quickly realised I just had to try a DE razor. Haven't looked back since.

You've got some skills
2q2gwi8.gif

Welcome from a Shepton Mallet'er! Somerset born, Somerset bred, strong in the arm & thick in the head.... As they say :D

Not far from my origins of Midsomer Norton!

Welcome along, your work looks epic. My Progress is gold and it's definitely one of my favourites. Having said that I've got a Tech that was gold plated that has now worn down to a beautiful burnished bronze colour.
31162bf69ca70f5fff83e77a410d5069.jpg
Uncle B,

Happy birthday Uncle B ! Send me this one for a free restoration. I reckon it would look fab in 24 k gold !

Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom