Hi from Lincolnshire

My name is Paul and Im a new member saying hello to all. Compliments on a great site with loads of useful info. I was guided onto TSR by a friend, an existing member going by the handle 'slick'. Im not new to DE shaving but I havent exactly been dedicated, I have been drifting back and forth to the mach3 and gel. Saying that, after speaking to Tim (shaving enthusiasm overload) and now perusing this great site I realise I have been pretty much fumbling around in the dark, with regard to equipment and products that is. I am now looking forward to a more focused effort with the help and advice given herein.

Thanks guys, Im really looking forward to getting tooled up with the the right gear. Soaps and creams have always been a hit and miss affair in the past, but now I have alot of informed reviews/opinions on this site that I can work with, Im really quite excited in a mid life kinda way!! (that doent sound sad does it ? )

canon said:
Thanks guys, Im really looking forward to getting tooled up with the the right gear. Soaps and creams have always been a hit and miss affair in the past, but now I have alot of informed reviews/opinions on this site that I can work with, Im really quite excited in a mid life kinda way!! (that doent sound sad does it ? )

Sounds really sad I'm afraid, get a life old son :D
Welcome to TSR canon,,which model is it?
regards, beejay

Welcome to the forum Paul.

One of the best places for buying shaving gear is ... right here. We have people who make brushes, soaps and aftershaves, and other people who can do you a good deal on hardware too.

canon said:
My name is Paul and Im a new member saying hello to all. Compliments on a great site with loads of useful info. I was guided onto TSR by a friend, an existing member going by the handle 'slick'.

Hi Paul,

Oh jeeeez, I know that guy slick. Took me a minute to figure out who it was, since he goes by so many names(Sybil syndrome). My favorite (so far) is the 'Maltkiln Mongoose', whatever the hell that means. Talk about being an 'enthusiastic hobbyist'.....the guy is nuts. Actually, a bunch of us were talking about having an intervention for poor Slimbo. He's your mentor eh? Heh, good luck with that.

Martin

Oh yeah, welcome to this place.

dodgy said:
canon said:
My name is Paul and Im a new member saying hello to all. Compliments on a great site with loads of useful info. I was guided onto TSR by a friend, an existing member going by the handle 'slick'.

Hi Paul,

Oh jeeeez, I know that guy slick. Took me a minute to figure out who it was, since he goes by so many names(Sybil syndrome). My favorite (so far) is the 'Maltkiln Mongoose', whatever the hell that means. Talk about being an 'enthusiastic hobbyist'.....the guy is nuts. Actually, a bunch of us were talking about having an intervention for poor Slimbo. He's your mentor eh? Heh, good luck with that.

Martin

Oh yeah, welcome to this place.

Hi Martin, yeh believe it or not, one minute I was standing on his doorstep and the next I'm ushered up to his bathroom to look at his collection,, (razors that is!). I came home with blade samples and the loan of a really good shaving book, BTW thank you Tim I've nearly finished the read. In all honesty he has pushed me over the edge, now I'm determined to acheive the perfect shaving experience.
thanks for the welcome martin
Paul

Ha! Nice one Paul!!
Martin is my therapist AKA 'supplier' When he says intervention it means new razor... Truly good bloke BTW.
This Issa great forum. Come round and see my new soap. It smells beautiful.
Anyhoo enjoy welcome and see you soon.
Tim.

Back
Top Bottom