Hi from Brighton!

Hey all,

Initially was using an Azor, which was not bad comparatively among cartridge razors for price. Then I was given a Gillette ProGlide, which I wasn't unimpressed with until I saw the prices of the blades! Switched to disposables with a cheapy tesco shaving gel and now can't wait to recieve my stuff.

Bought a:

Merkur Futur
Proraso Cream
Edwin Jagger brush with stand
30 x Feather blades

Rather excited, any suggestions/useful videos on technique etc will be appreciated

Hey good stuff!
watch matic59's vids for deffo.
Feathers are very sharp. Ive always wanted to try a futur.
I use proraso white tub. very good.
Off to spend sorry save monet with my DE shaving..... :lol:

Welcome to the forum, Sabaig.

Futur + Feathers could turn out to be an interesting combination to start out with. I'd humbly suggest that you get a pack of alternative blades (supermarket ones would be fine) to try.

Hi Sabaig, and welcome to TSR!

The Futur is known for having a very large blade gap, and therefore quite an aggressive razor. This may suit you just fine, just be careful with the angle or it might dig in. Also try the '1' setting first :shave

Have fun shaving ;)

/Max

Welcome aboard,
I must say that although I am a fan of Merkur razors, the Futur is my least favorite style. I prefer a more traditional razor.

Hi sabaig! Another vote for watching mantic on You-tube! ;)

Have a look at the old posts on this forum, lots of useful information here.

An other good place for info is http://www.shaving101.com/. They have recently done a review of the Merkur Futur.

Don't be tempted to turn the Futur up too much, too soon!!!! :shock:

Hi sabaig,

So you made it then. ;) Welcome to TSR. Lots of good advice here and a good little community. Take a look in the help section for some beginners advice. Like others have said, maybe keep the Futur on 1 and try some supermarket blades to begin with. The Feathers can be a bit too harsh for some. Any questions just ask.

Oh and stop procrastinating, get back to your revision.

James

Thanks for all the welcomes and the tips, will take heed- going to start the Futur on 1 shaving WTG and XTG with a Derby and a Feather for a week before ATG.

Interesting to find a Brightonian Francorelli- if being here for 8 years counts as one! James, I have rarely been out despite the nice weather- desperate to get into Southampton but need AAB- this will be my place where revision breaks take place over the next 2 months :)

Back
Top Bottom