Hi from Bournemouth...

Hello.

I have lurked for a few days, but think it's about time I said hi and introduced myself.
I discovered this site by accident - I was Googling for 'badger' for a photography assignment and, well, here I am !

My name is Daniel, I am 37 years young and have just realised what my skin has been missing all these years... I have been using various electric shavers and [increasingly expensive] cartridge razors for the past 20 years or so, and never really got involved in the shaving experience. I can already tell that this site is going to result in yet another reason to 'buy stuff' and learn a new skill :blush:

Anyway... I've read through hundreds of posts and watched countless videos over the past few days. I am going to try face lathering first and worry about a bowl later. Never being one for doing things by halves I have just ordered the following :

• Merkur 30C (appears to be the same head as the 34C, but the world seems to be out of stock of the HD at the moment)
  • Vulfix No375 brush
  • Proraso shave cream
  • Proraso pre and post shave cream
  • Sample pack of various blades

Assuming I have a face left by the weekend I will probably be hanging around for a while, so please bear with me for a few weeks whilst I ask lots of stupid questions...

Cheers,
Daniel.

Hi Daniel

Welcome to TSR. I'm just along the coast from you in Lymington :)

Be careful with your new found "interest" - I found DE shaving to save money too. However, here I am completely addicted to this peculiar hobby.

That said, I actually enjoy shaving now - it's no longer a chore.

Anyway - good luck with your new toys and hope you find lots of useful info here.

Hi Daniel,

Loads of good choices already made.... there is in fact a 34C HD for sale on this forum as we speak, so do have a look at the for sale threads.

There's no such thing as a silly question, we have all been there, and I still ask questions.

Have fun, and welcome.

Hi and welcome to TSR Daniel! :D I think you'll fit right in here, you where after all on a beav ... erhh, badger hunt and ended up here, must be fate :D :D

Hi & very welcome Daniel. Feel free to badger us all with as many questions as you wish, we'll happily be beavering away at trying to find even vaguely plausible answers.
You find my puns a wee bit strained ? Just wait till you get to PigCat !!!

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom