Hi Folks from the Isle of Wight...

I’m sure I was a member of this board once before as another username but never commented and then forgot my username and password signed up again (although admittedly, it may have been the Shave Den as I sign up to lots of things online.) Although I love forums, I only comment usually when there is something that inspires me to. I have been a wet shaving enthusiast since I was 16 when I was shown how to do it properly by my usual barber when I first had enough whiskers to bother shaving! I'm now 45 and have truly attempted every type of technique being just about as anal as you can get about shaving! I have tried on occasion to grow beards but the lure to go through my daily routine pulls me back to the soap and razor every time. Having made my first post in defence of someone who I hope will continue to make my favourite shaving soap; I was somewhat disappointed that several members think I am some sort of advertising gimmick for her. I'm afraid I just had to explain things from my point of view and after nearly 30 years of searching for the soap that suits me best (yes, a completely personal bias) I feel I have found it. A man's taste in soap changes as he ages and his skin changes as does his shaving technique and preference of Razor. I have now settled on a shaving routine that I have used for years which is now with a safety razor as my eyesight is failing slightly and I have a tendency to nick myself when placing a straight razor for the first pass, something I never thought would happen after so many years of experience but alas, it did. Won’t get rid of my straight razors though as some of them have been all over the world with me through wars and various calamity (I’m in private security.) So that’s me and my shaving obsession, hope you see why I wanted in here.

Hi

I see the Isle of Wight from my home in the New Forest. I walk across Tennyson Down every year. What fabulous views!
Really good to read your post. It shows how different we all are. Good to know you are here.

Hi Fatman, and thank you for putting in a word in support of my soaps.
You know, you can get glasses for a few quid from Wilkinsons......I can still read o.k. for most purposes, but do have difficulties sometimes in scrutinising cosmetics and soap labels in shops as I am now wont to do (the latter purely for research purposes, as I wouldn't use most of it). So how happy was I when I found a pair of suitable glasses in 2 euro land when on hols recently. Come in a tiny case that takes up no room at all.

Greeting.

Is "private security" a euphemism for mercenary? Do you read Soldier Of Fortune magazine?

Hope so. We might need an enforcer . . . .

Back
Top Bottom