Hi All - Newbie Here

Hi everyone.

I converted to the double edge shaving gang about two weeks ago and I can't be more pleased by the results. The old razor burn and bumps have now gone and the shaves feel so smooth. The Gillette Fusion is now in the bin.

I have been lurking in the background on this forum for a little while now trying to absorb as much knowledge as I can in this subject. This has influenced my setup purchasing decisions and hopefully set me in the right direction.

I am currently using:

Merkur 38C in satin finish
TOBS Jermyn shave cream
Truefitt & Hill shave cream sample pack (I like the 1805 and Sandalwood so far)
Kent BK4 Silvertip shave brush
Wilkinson Sword blades (I have tried Derby but my beard is too coarse)

Thanks for all the informative posts, it really has made my entry into this new hobby easier.

Thanks
Chris, Goody54321.

Hello Chris and welcome to TSR.

The Merkur 38 was my first DE razor and it is a hefty beast and a good shaver. I'm sure you will like it.

Cheers,

Gordon

Hello Chris, welcome to TSR :)

That's a nice list of products there. You'll come across a few disparaging comments about the Kent brush, but it's a very pleasant one to use with creams I think, and the hair quality is excellent.

Welcome to the forum Chris.

You have certainly started out with some nice kit. :icon_biggrin:

Join in the discussions here, and make yourself at home.

Cheers
Rod

A warm welcome to you Chris, a very nice set up you have there as well, looking back I personally would have choosen the Merkur 38C instead of the 34C, I much prefer a longer handle on my razor.

Regards Jamie

Back
Top Bottom