Hi all, DE noob

B

Bloodbath

Hi everyone
I'm Jon, I live on the outskirts of Leeds. A week ago I decided Mr Gillette had been emptying my pockets for far too long now and decided to take the plunge into de wet shaving. I went out and got myself a cheap brush and soap from Boots and ordered a Merkur Futur. After a couple of shaves with the Merkur blade I ditched it in favour of a Personna platinum.
For tonight's shave I decided to have a go at a head shave too and .........

.......... well my forum name says it all :icon_eek:

I'm getting a fair amount of razor burn too on the neck area, but I'm guessing a lot of it is down to my technique but its fun (if not bloody) learning :icon_lol:

Next on the list is a proper badger brush and some wool fat soap to try

Anyways that's enough waffling from me for now, I'm off for a look around :)

Jon

Hi Jon and welcome to the forum.

The cheap soap wasn't the blue Wilkinson's bowl, by chance? It gets rough reviews here, the cheap soap of choice among our members is a Palmolive stick, I don't like the smell but I'm in the minority, also Ingram's cream is popular. :)

Sm304 said:
Hi Jon and welcome to the forum.

The cheap soap wasn't the blue Wilkinson's bowl, by chance? It gets rough reviews here, the cheap soap of choice among our members is a Palmolive stick, I don't like the smell but I'm in the minority, also Ingram's cream is popular. :)

No it was Boots own I think, it's in a plain black plastic bowl, similar in size and shape to the wilkinsons bowl.
I've read some good things about Mitchell's Wool Fat and as a Yorkshire lad it seems only right to support local business, so that's the soap to try next :)

Welcome to the world of 'shaving like your grandad did' :icon_razz:

Get yourself a good soap and don't put any pressure on your blade. The weight will naturally catch the hair... you are shaving your face not stripping wallpaper!

Thanks for the replies guys, as with most things, the fun is in learning new skills and reading the wealth of information you guys provide :)

Grunter said:
Welcome Jon!
Got to support the local companies.
MWF is my default choice closely followed by Ingrams.
I'm still plucking up the courage to DE my bonce:icon_eek:

It was interesting lol, but perfectly do able once I have learnt the skills of DE shaving. I think I will finish off my fusion cartridges on my head while I learn the DE trade on my face :)

Back
Top Bottom