here we go

ok ive decided on a razor and brush, now comes the decision of shaving soap, again so much to choose from so any good tips would be appreciated ive looked through the forum and theres too much info giving me a bit of a headache

Ingrams from most High Street pharmacies and supermarkets.

Alternatively Tabac shave stick (I think cheapsmells.com are the cheapest online retailer, happy to be corrected.

Jon

dalboy81 said:
thank you mate, so why do people use the bowl? is that for cream or the round soap bars

Because they have so much time on their hands and love washing up.

I used to use a bowl. It is just more washing up, it's effort so now I just face lather. I don't think there's any bonuses or advantages for bowl lathering, just a preference of some people. Do what works best for you.

I find face lathering the easiest, not just for producing a good lather but less mess as well. Personally I think lathering on your face helps work the lather in to your stubble well.

Of course if you have a puck of soap I. A bowl then you really have no choice but to generate some lather in the bowl as you load the brush.

Some of the best lather I produce is what I get with my travel kit, which currently comprises a 49p Palmolive soap stick, which I just rub over a wet face, then I face lather with a little Simpson Wee Scot brush.

I can't really be bothered with bowls, They don't add anything to the shaving experience for me.

right think i have it, puck soap get a bowl. stick soap or shaving cream face lather slowly getting all this. now just have to find the time to shave

dalboy81 said:
ok thanks people a few choices to get me going, do you have to use some sort of bowl to get a good lather etc?

Hi there,

Soaps are in small bowls that are used to hold onto when loading the brush. Once enough soap's on the brush, some people like to make the lather in a different larger bowl. Adding small dribbles of hot water while whisking around will end you up with some nice fluffy looking results. From there members will take the brush and paint the lather on their face.

Creams are normally used with that bowl method, but it can be applied directly to the brush and face lathered.

The other option is to load up the brush with soap and then make the lather on your face. Personally, it's my method of choice. Yeah, there are some well meaning bowl lathering dummies but don't listen to em.

Hope that helps,

Martin

dodgy said:
dalboy81 said:
ok thanks people a few choices to get me going, do you have to use some sort of bowl to get a good lather etc?

Hi there,

Soaps are in small bowls that are used to hold onto when loading the brush. Once enough soap's on the brush, some people like to make the lather in a different larger bowl. Adding small dribbles of hot water while whisking around will end you up with some nice fluffy looking results. From there members will take the brush and paint the lather on their face.

Creams are normally used with that bowl method, but it can be applied directly to the brush and face lathered.

The other option is to load up the brush with soap and then make the lather on your face. Personally, it's my method of choice. Yeah, there are some well meaning bowl lathering dummies but don't listen to em.

Hope that helps,

Martin

cheers mate clears it up for me

Back
Top Bottom