Helping A Friend In Need Of A New Direction

As a recent convert myself, could I remind you converters to warn your convertees about the serious dangers of AD. I have only been DEing a couple of months and my collection is starting to grow rapidly! :)
Scott.

Iv'e said it before you cant force people to convert to DE shaving, its something that they want to do, however some people just need a gentle nudge in the right direction.
I come across a fair few men who wont switch to DE shaving (even though they realise the benefits of DE shaving) because they are simply scared of the DE razor, apparently something to do with a big blade sticking out of a heavy piece of metal along with apparent tales of pools of blood and flaps of skin hanging off your face :huh:, tales made by people who have very little or no experience of DE razors :mad:

As with anyone who converts to DE shaving, take it slow and easy, don't be afraid to ask for advice and most importantly don't give up because your first hand full of shaves are below par, you will get there in the end.

I wonder if we need to revive the old-fashioned term "safety razor" in order to counteract these scare stories. Quite honestly, unless a newcomer buys an R41, fits a Feather blade, produces extremely poor-quality lather and shaves themselves completely ham-fistedly, they're unlikely to do themselves any significant damage (i.e. the sort that can't be sorted by styptic).

chrisbell said:
I wonder if we need to revive the old-fashioned term "safety razor" in order to counteract these scare stories. Quite honestly, unless a newcomer buys an R41, fits a Feather blade, produces extremely poor-quality lather and shaves themselves completely ham-fistedly, they're unlikely to do themselves any significant damage (i.e. the sort that can't be sorted by styptic).

Absolutely Chris, after all, there's a reason why the term was first used to describe them.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom