Help me with my next brush

I am looking for a new brush, i facelather only so the brush needs to have lots of backbone. The knot should not be bigger than 22-23mm and the loft max 48mm
The brush needs to be VERY dense.

Price, not over £50 but since i live in Sweden i need to order from UK or USA.

I need all the help i can get!
I have been looking at Simpsons Colonel x2l, what do you guys have to say about that brush?
How is New Forest brushes? Are they dense with lots of backbone?

J3lv4n said:
I am looking for a new brush, i facelather only so the brush needs to have lots of backbone. The knot should not be bigger than 22-23mm and the loft max 48mm
The brush needs to be VERY dense.

Price, not over £50 but since i live in Sweden i need to order from UK or USA.

I need all the help i can get!
I have been looking at Simpsons Colonel x2l, what do you guys have to say about that brush?

+1 on the Simpsons Colonel, a great all round brush and has a dense knot, possibly more suited to hard soaps ? It can be had from the Shave lounge, formerly Nkdman, at a good price and Anthony has a discount code for TSR members, which will help !

There will be a boar, mixed and badger. It's a limited edition for a Portuguese forum. I'm waiting on the boar currently but there are a few reviews/threads on B&B and the shave den regarding performance.

Barbear Classico

J3lv4n said:
Lb1 said:
The Semogue BC LE from vintage scent?

Do you have a link? I found several brushes with the letters BC LE.
Have you used the brush, and do you like it?

I have a NF2213 and I'm quite impressed with it.

http://newforestbrushes.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/new-forest-finest-silvertip-2213.html

It's less than your £50 target and I suspect that's even including delivery to you.

Lb1 said:
There will be a boar, mixed and badger. It's a limited edition for a Portuguese forum. I'm waiting on the boar currently but there are a few reviews/threads on B&B and the shave den regarding performance.

Barbear Classico

J3lv4n said:
Lb1 said:
The Semogue BC LE from vintage scent?

Do you have a link? I found several brushes with the letters BC LE.
Have you used the brush, and do you like it?

Unfortunetly the 50mm loft is to high for my taste. My favorite brush today is Semogue 620, wonderful little brush!

What about a custom brush?

Gecko made me an excellent face lathering brush that was under your budget.

Walnut handle to my spec, Simpson Chubby 2 dimensions, with a 26mm x 48mm TGN Finest 2-Band knot again my spec.

Gravy said:

Walnut handle to my spec, Simpson Chubby 2 dimensions, with a 26mm x 48mm TGN Finest 2-Band knot again my spec.

This can be something, is Gecko a member here?

J3lv4n said:
Gravy said:

Yes, Gecko is Alex's username on TSR.

The Gecko Stumpy (Pre Bloom)
displayimage.php

With my other brushes

I haven't used any of my other brushes since it arrived a month or two ago, they are all great for face lathering though.

Have a look at Gifts & Care - VIE-LONG 12320 BOAR BRISTLE & HORSE SHAVING BRUSH. The loft's a tad higher than you're looking for (by 2mm) and it's a boar / horse mix but it's tuppence ha'penny and has plenty of scrit and backbone. I have 1 and can vouch for its density - great for face lathering.

Gravy said:
J3lv4n said:
Gravy said:

Yes, Gecko is Alex's username on TSR.

The Gecko Stumpy (Pre Bloom)
displayimage.php

With my other brushes

I haven't used any of my other brushes since it arrived a month or two ago, they are all great for face lathering though.
Wow that was a real beauty!

Lb1 said:
Check out the Seville row brush in the BST at the minute. Seems to match what you want.

I have seen it and i am thinking about sending him a PM.

Why is there so many brushes to choose from!? :)

Back
Top Bottom