Help me to find out what for safety razors these are.

Hello,

Today I got some free vintage safety razors from a local gentle man braber, he gave me to, they don't look bad but I have no idea which models they are.

I hope you guys can help me.

Attachments

• IMAG0628_2560x1440.jpg
    IMAG0628_2560x1440.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMAG0629_2560x1440.jpg
    IMAG0629_2560x1440.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMAG0631_2560x1440.jpg
    IMAG0631_2560x1440.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 51
The handle on the left hand razor pic 2 is from 1921 pocket edition but has a head from a different razor, the other does not look like a well engineered example, the knurling is uneven ect. think you have a couple of bits and bobs razors there. I could be wrong and I am sure i will be told if I am. no treasures I am afraid.

I think you have the handles swapped, the open comb looks like a Gillette clone or may have been made in an overseas factory. (Argentina), I may well be very wrong on that. The other Dixi, I think is one of many blade manufacturers, the razor was probably a promotion and as such not a lot of craftmanship in its making. Like toast sated Ill be told if I am wrong.

Yeah I could have switched the handles. But well I shaved with the left one today and that golden / yellow part has Original Dixi on it with a number under DRGM 1264593 on it.

The open comb has no numbers on it, they are both small safety razors, both in usable condition.

Looking at the comb the teeth look a little broad for a gillette so probably a overseas copy. but if it shaves good what the hell. my favorite razor is still my grandfathers busted up old open comb popular, its quick when i need it to be, it is manually adjustable when i need a really close one (loosen the screw) and is so familiar that it feels like an extension of my hand. if the glove fits.

Well I don't think any off these going be mine main safety razor, but I find these two safety razors kinda small. The barber gave me them so I guess these safety razors are well made.

But the head off these razors seems universal, I can put the handles on bot by just switching the above part from the head. I looked on picture off 1921 pocket edition and indeed the handle on left safety razor is the same, but the open comb I putted on the right and it has no numbers or letters on it.

Back
Top Bottom