Help! Is this a Rocket HD500?

the top of the handle looks different to my HD Rocket, maybe it is an earlier model?

4VDmjtYp

By your picture and what I can glean from t'interweb, it appears to be an ordinary rocket. Can anyone confirm?

i think mine is a 1956 #59 (as it's 71g)

the one in the link looks like the 1950 Rocket to me but with the patent number and the II on the head like the later models.

http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/One-Piece%20solid%20guard%20bar/solid%20guard%20bar.htm

I'm pretty sure this is the rare-ish variant of the 1940s Rocket called the Parat. Identifying marks are the "II" under the blade tray and the smaller diameter TTO knob (same diameter as the rest of the handle, whereas the Rocket had a larger diameter knob).

Wow, thanks for the information!

By the way SB93, when in September? Am champing at the bit......

Sunburyboy93 said:
chrisbell said:
Late '50s - I thought they were late '40s?

I don't have by Gillette Collector Book with me, but i'm sure that the parat was produced 1956 or 1958.....

late 40's was the Regular Rockets and Aristo Jnr's etc etc,

Cheers Steve - my source (here) must be misleading on that point. He includes the Parat with the '40s Rocket without mentioning that it came later.

chrisbell said:
Cheers Steve - my source (here) must be misleading on that point. He includes the Parat with the '40s Rocket without mentioning that it came later.

Oh i like that Article, seen it many times, if i ever came across something like this i think i would go light headed and have to lay down !!

IMG_1718_1_1.jpg

Defintely a Rocket HD500 this time?

That's the article I was reading but not being as clever as you two.....

Now is this one definitely what it says? Sorry for keeping asking but: :angel::blush:

eBay Rocket HD500?

Just a little unsure of myself and IDing razors at this early stage.

So is it you selling it then, Richard? Or are talking about bidding to increase the price? Hey, I'm feeling old and slow today and the weather's been boring a hole in my skull so apologies if I'm still not getting it. :blush:

Think I'll just stick to me EJ DE89L and be a one razor pauper. :icon_cry2:

Wonder if there's any tea left?

Back
Top Bottom