Hellooooooo!

Oh well here we go again!

Another flight of fancy to go along with all the other random obsessions!

My life seems to be becoming more focused on obscure hobbies then anything else these days.. Ho hum may as well embrace the randomness I guess. :icon_razz:

I ended up here as many have from what I have read because of my growing annoyance of paying Gillette £47 every time I need a new set of blades. Then three months later they add yet another blade and make it vibrate like one of those rabbits and no longer fits on my now outdated razor.

I am a total consumer, if you want to sell me something if it's shiny and or has the word "Ninja" in the name I WILL buy it!

So here I am at the mercy of allot of shiny stuff! I'm really hoping I can get away with sticking to the whole saving money thing as that's why I'm here but I wouldn't put money on it!! :angel:

So my Name is Andy, a 33 semi retired internet marketer. I own 20 Bonsai trees, a vast amount of Retro LCD games from the 80's, Comics up the wazoo and I have a house rabbit that is currently sleeping on my feet.

I like to surf while strapped to a kite, drive cars too fast, and what ever hobby I haven't yet tried.

So to start with I was thinking of diving in with an Edwin Jagger DE89 Chrome plated razor, an Edwin Jagger Pure Badger brush with ebony handle and I've already picked up a few EJ soaps for cheap online. Does that sound a reasonable package to start with?

Andy

Welcome to TSR Andy...Not sure about saving money.....I started off with that good intention as well....But consumerism got the better of me...

But you're among some good folks here and I'm quite sure you'll enjoy your new obsession...just wait 'til you try a few new Soaps'... and a couple more razors...and a lathering bowl or two.....and

Welcome. I'm also confident you will not save any money, there's too much stuff to collect. :)

I started off with a DE89, but I soon ditched it in favour of old Gillettes.

Hi Andy ... the vibrating rabbit sleeping across your feet is some sort of reflexology thing, right? :huh:

It seems obvious to me that as a kite surfing, fast driving sort of chap you'll wind up in the straight razor section sooner or later, so may as well make it sooner, eh? That's where the Ninja stuff is. :icon_twisted:

AMG01 said:
Another flight of fancy to go along with all the other random obsessions

Welcome to the forum.
Now, one thing that I just have to pick you up on right from the start.

This (and other toy related man hobbies) are not an obsession.
They are a passion.
OK? :icon_razz:

Cheers
Rod

Hi & very welcome Andy. Plenty of shiny "stuff" here to obsess over; even a fair bit of older not so shiny kit which you can have replated & restored to your heart's desire. The EJ package sounds good as a base line to see how you get on. Maybe invest in a sampler pack of blades from Connaught shaving as it's surprising how different varying makes of blades perform. Different blades even perform differently in different razors.

And, of course, on your journey to a straight razor you'll undoubtedly be trying out a single edge razor or three ! Never mind, keep an eye on the Buy, Sell, Trade section & you can obtain many a very fine razor to try out before selling it on for about what you paid for it if it doesn't suit.

Happy Daze !!!

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Welcome Andy,

Good to have you aboard.

I too was incensed by the ridiculous price of cartridges and thought I might save money by DE shaving. That's not going so well - I now have 3 DE razors, 3 brushes and a load of soaps etc. which have cost a small fortune. You know it's bad when you start hiding stuff from the wife...

I have an EJ89DL and it's a great razor.

Cheers,

Gordon

Hi and welcome to TSR Andy! :D Yes, those shiny things sure's sweet!

Now - look into my eyes, look into my eyes: when you wake up you'll start collecting cut throat razos, those are the path to ninja and samurai nirvana ... three, two, one and you're awake again :D
kenny_craig1.jpg

Mikael said:
Now - look into my eyes, look into my eyes: when you wake up you'll start collecting cut throat razos, those are the path to ninja and samurai nirvana ... three, two, one and you're awake again :D

What's this?? I can combine collecting neat looking shiny things, pretend to be a Ninja Samurai and risk potential death by terrible slashing all at the same time?

Oh loardy I'm in the right place!

Just seen the very shiny shaving bowls that Steve had made.. email already sent.. :icon_twisted:

PS. To Other Andy: The house rabbit got a different sort of reflexology this morning when she crept into my bedroom and chewed through the cord of my three month old Sennheiser headphones! It involved my foot and a drop kick impression Jonny Wilkinson would have been proud of.

PPS: Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I already feel at home. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom