Hello

Hello there. I switched to a DE razor about a week ago, so still early days for me. I started out with an EJ DE89L, but in the last week I've bought three old Gillettes and my wish list is still growing. God help me.

Welcome! Have a read of the information here, and don't forget to post any questions not covered there. Also, check the Buy/Sell/Trade section of the site - some good stuff to be found there, and most if not all of the people that post there are total gents and are great to do business with.

kt66 said:
Hello there. I switched to a DE razor about a week ago, so still early days for me. I started out with an EJ DE89L, but in the last week I've bought three old Gillettes and my wish list is still growing. God help me.

Hiya, and welcome to this place,

Ohhhh, I like your post...especially the "God help me" part. Acquiring four razors in that short a time period is impressive! That faint sound you may hear is your ears popping as you start the slide down that bottomless badger burrow. I'd bet that sound will be getting louder in a hurry.

Looking forward to hearing about your crazy DE journey,

Martinabler

Thanks for the welcome! I'm working my way through Mantic59's videos, but I'm doing ok so far - no nicks or irritation. :)

kt66 said:
Thanks for the welcome! I'm working my way through Mantic59's videos, but I'm doing ok so far - no nicks or irritation. :)

Hi there,

One important thing I should tell you is not to change the razor/blade combo for maybe 10 days straight. Otherwise, you can make it a lot harder to figure this DE thing out because your reference point might well take longer to develop. Yeah, starting out in a dull yet effective way will end up saving you time and maybe some grief.

Your call on that, but figured I'd bring it up.

Thanks for the advice! There is a temptation to try different things, especially with other razors on the way, but I'll stick with the EJ for a couple more weeks. I have switched from Derby to Personna blades - although I've had no nicks or irritation, the Derby blades just seemed a bit dull in comparison.

Welcome KT - it's easy to get caught up in it all. First the razors, next thing you know, you'll have a dozen badger brushes and don't forget the different soaps, etc! :)

Enjoy the journey

Well you've got it good.
Excellent!!
I learnt to shave on a holiday where I only took One blade and late 40's super speed.
That did it.
Since then barely a week goes by without something new going on. Especially razors. I have a supplier who keeps me going......he will 'enable' you if you fall down the hole with the blue pill.
Cheers,
Tim

Back
Top Bottom