Hello!

Hello,

I'm a long time lurker who has only recently started posting here. I'm not new to wet shaving - I've been shaving with creams and a brush for quite a few years, and I bought my first, and so far only, safety razor about 18 months back (an EJ Chatsworth). I couldn't believe the improvement in both quality and comfort of shave that traditional wet shaving with a safety razor gave me over the cartridge multiblade razors that I used to shave with. Nowadays I get far less shaving irritation, and my interest in wet shaving has turned what once was a chore into an enjoyable experience.

My first proper shaving cream was GFT Sandalwood about five years ago. This cream still remains a favourite of mine, and I also like both the cologne and skin food of this fragrance. I've purchased both the GFT and T&H sample packs, and also a blade sample pack from Connaught Shaving and I am slowly working my way through them and seeing what I like. So far, I like Feather razor blades the best, despite them only lasting for two sets of three passes for me, and I'm keen on GFT Rose shaving cream and the Eucris EdT. In the future, I expect to try out more shaving soaps. The only shaving soap that I have used so far is Boots Original, but I can't remember too much about it as I only used it soon after I started wet shaving.

I look forward to learning more about UK wet shaving products, and I hope to contribute a bit more to this forum in future.

Cheers!

Welcome. I'm too a fan of GFT products. I use Sandalwood on winter special occasions. I mostly use a Mühle R89, which I believe has the same head as the EJ. Also interesting to see how someone else has found a daily chore turn into something enjoyable.

NatJag said:
Welcome. I'm too a fan of GFT products. I use Sandalwood on winter special occasions. I mostly use a Mühle R89, which I believe has the same head as the EJ. Also interesting to see how someone else has found a daily chore turn into something enjoyable.

I've had a week with my EJ 89 and now shave every day (was rare if i did that) and twice a day at weekends (too lazy to get up workdays...)

No longer a chore, and barely ever cut myself. Today was first time since the first couple of shaves with the EJ last weekend as i was getting used to it.

And welcome Budoc.

Back
Top Bottom