Hello

J

Jockstrop

Hello everyone,
More of a lurker than poster, but decided to register & put some effort in rather than just read the forums.
I have been wet shaving with double edge on and off for years, started collecting old razors years ago & have a few that i use occasionally, untill recently tended to use modern razor & shaving gel purely for convenience.
however I must be having a mid life crisis as I have been using my NOS gillette tech a lot recently, trying to look after my rapidly fading good looks !
So i decided to treat myself to some new shaving gear & after reading up one evening on another forum bought myself Derby blades, TOBS sandalwood shaving cream & an Edwin Jagger best badger shaving brush.
So far i have only received the derby blades & the shaving cream, using the derby blades in my gillette tech is like shaving with a hedge trimmer!
Will try the blades in a different razor and see if they are any better, but not impressed with them so far.
however the shaving cream is much nicer than using shaving gel, although as its my first shaving cream have nothing to compare it to.

Hi, welcome to TSR.

Get hold on a sample pack of blades and try out the blade that suits you best. (Derby blade works fine for me by the way)
A good blade is one thing, a good technique is another. A good DE shave is all about experience. Try, try, try and......try.

Back
Top Bottom