Hello

Hello, I am new here looking to get some tips on using DE razors.

At Christmas I tried DE shaving use the cheap Wilkinson DE razor and Palmolive soap.

I loved the close shave but had problems with razor burn so stopped with DE, but continued with the soap and 2 blade cartridges.

I have just bought a 1960 Gillette super speed has from ebay. The pictures were fuzzy but it is in really nice condition in the Gillette box. It looks as if it has hardly been used.

Need to get some blades so will get a selection pack to try a few different ones out. I have also got some Tabac soap as my pamolive stick has just run out.

[attachment=3495]

Attachments

• IMAG0211.jpg
    IMAG0211.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 20
I like the smell of the Tabac soap. I am in a hard water area so am having problems lathering in a bowl (been lathering on my face previously)

Just had my first shave with the Super Speed using a Wilkinson blade I had left from before. Still have the same problem of a couple of sore areas on my neck. I did have 2 days of stubble though.

If I shave every day will my neck get more used to it had this problem whenever I make more than one pass with a cartridge razor or shave everyday?

Are you inadvertently shaving against the grain on your neck? It might pay to leave it a couple of days so you can make a note of which direction the grain goes - chances are, it won't the same all over your neck. I'd stick to shaving with the grain for a while, until you're happy with your technique.

Welcome Paul :)

A Superspeed and Tabac soap are two very nice products with a proven track record, so you're well under way. I'd recommend a blade sample pack, just in case the Wilkinsons are sub optimal for your purposes ... most people would say that they're nowt special. The main thing is technique and taking it easy for now: no pressure, shave with the grain and stick at two passes while your skin gets used to the new regime.

Tonight I tried some Tesco blades (couldn't wait for my sample pack and read here that they are rebranded)
Seemed a lot better- but that might just be that I was using less pressure :icon_biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom