Hello Shavers

Good morning all, after lurking for a few weeks I thought I would join up and say Hi.

After finally taking the plunge into DE shaving, I treating myself to a Gillette Fat boy a few weeks ago and was given some useful advice and pointed in this direction for a friendly forum.

So here I am saying Hello all to you all
happy0099.gif

Steve

Welcome, just go slow. Read and think before you buy. This is a great site to learn from. I find that if I scan most of what's sent in, it comes in handy later when I'm faced with a new challenge.

Thanks for the welcomes gents.

Canuck said:
Hi, welcome to TSR. Fatboy eh? Unusual choice for a first DE!

Well to be honest when I started looking into de shaving I didn't really know what to buy, a guy at work had advised me not to buy a modern day model as his old Gillette fat boy was far superior then this "modern day tat" as he called it so I kept an eye out for a reasonable one to come about. What he failed to tell me was how much they had gone up in price since he bought his 40 years ago lol but I must admit I am really enjoying the whole shaving experience so far and trying to learn to shave again properly.

DJ-Steved said:
Good morning all, after lurking for a few weeks I thought I would join up and say Hi.

After finally taking the plunge into DE shaving, I treating myself to a Gillette Fat boy a few weeks ago and was given some useful advice and pointed in this direction for a friendly forum.

happy0099.gif

Steve

How are you getting on with the Fat Boy. and glad you took my advice and joined up :icon_razz:

this is a great place to be and very informative, but watch your bank balance as it can get very expensive..

best of luck

Steve

sunburyboy93 said:
DJ-Steved said:

happy0099.gif

Steve

How are you getting on with the Fat Boy. and glad you took my advice and joined up :icon_razz:

this is a great place to be and very informative, but watch your bank balance as it can get very expensive..

best of luck

Steve

Hi Steve

The Fat boy has been a dream to use so far had a couple of small nics but nothing serious. I bought myself some TOB sandalwood cream and a decent brush and have been using the Gillette 7oclocks you sent me to.

Been having a read through some of the treads on here and I can already see myself splashing out on some nice sounding soaps, creams and blades this forum is going to be expensive :icon_razz:

Arrowhead said:
Hello and welcome Steve. I don't know much about the modern razors, but the Fatboy is certainly a capable, well made item which will stand you in good stead.

Hi Arrowhead

I hope so mate one of the things I like about using it is the fact that it is older than I am and so well made.

Back
Top Bottom