Hello peeps

hello all
I've decided to give the world of DE shaving a try due to the price and quality of Uk razors.
Had good results with mach3 and Gillette sensor/excel, but begrudge paying silly money for blades that don't last too long any more.
I was at a boot sale today and picked up an old DE razor, already have a brush and soap from before. just need to pick up some blades in boots or one of the supermarkets and dive in head first!:icon_razz:

I laugh every time I see someone mention saving money on blades. I'm only a couple of months in and I have getting on for ten razors, five soaps, two brushes (including the NF one on the way)...

hello dodgy_d

I was fine, expenditure wise, until I stumbled across this wee site.
I muddled along for years with a pretty meagre array of products - but now .... my girlfriend thinks I've lost my marbles. Soaps, creams, after-shaves, balm, razors, two new mirrors ... and then there's the blades - I have hundreds upon hundreds of them, enough to last several years even if I shaved five times a day.
Good luck on the cost cutting
:)
Crom

Cheers for the warm welcome all!
A quick Q- couldn't find a sticky for some of the acronyms ie PIF (google search said this is marijuana... I gave up then! LOL) and BBS- best bloody shave? or best bloodless shave?
thanks
a London newbie :)

PIF - Pay It Forward .... a form of repaying a previous act of generosity by giving away something free to someone who either needs or wants to try.

BBS - Billiard Ball Smooth ... or Babies Bum Smooth - I prefer the former

There is a link somewhere to a list of terms .. I'll find and post it unless someone else gets there first

Crom

http://wiki.theshavingroom.co.uk/wiki/Jargon_Buster

There you go

Hello dodgy_d, welcome to the forum! And welcome to the world of DE shaving as well! It is possible to do it cheaply, but you're a long time dead and you cannae tek it with you so spend spend spend!:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

dodgy_d

If you want a small selection of blades to try: Derbys, Gillette 7 o'clocks and Supethins, Astra SP, Wilkinson Swords, Nacet, Feathers ... PM me your address and I'll stick a couple of each into an envelope for you.

Crom

Hello dodgy_d, and welcome. :)

It's perfectly possible to do the DE shaving thing on a miniscule budget, which is what I used to do before I tipped up here. All is not lost though - steer clear of cut throat razors and you'll be all right. Well comparatively speaking.

hunnymonster said:
kt66 said:
I laugh every time I see someone mention saving money on blades. I'm only a couple of months in and I have getting on for ten razors, five soaps, two brushes (including the NF one on the way)...

But you are saving on blades... you're just choosing to spend the next 15 years savings on other stuff :icon_mrgreen:

Ah, that's sound logic! I'll tell my wife next time she comments on more stuff appearing. Which will be tomorrow... :s

Back
Top Bottom