Hello from The Netherlands/North Wales

Hi Mike. Will you be travelling with your equipment or will it remain in Wales?

Reason I ask is that you would have to think about airport security. I travel between Sydney and Melbourne very regularly. I can't leave stuff there so it's in my carry on luggage. I've had to leave a pack of blades with someone in the office and grab a freshly one when I get there.

Your suggestions for a second set of equipment sounds good to me. I'd add a styptic pencil; just in case.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Hi Mike. Will you be travelling with your equipment or will it remain in Wales?

Reason I ask is that you would have to think about airport security. I travel between Sydney and Melbourne very regularly. I can't leave stuff there so it's in my carry on luggage. I've had to leave a pack of blades with someone in the office and grab a freshly one when I get there.

Your suggestions for a second set of equipment sounds good to me. I'd add a styptic pencil; just in case.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Yep all good points made, I travel about twice a week between the Netherlands and Wales and don't have hold luggage with me so the blades were a bit of a problem as was the proraso soap as it's over 100ml.

The collection frenzy is slowly taking hold of me and I've ordered a different sampler pack of blades, Merkur 37c, vulfix 404, Palmolive cream (so at least I could shave) and Nog waiting for about 15 samples from shavedash and truefitt and hill!

Bit apprehensive about the slant at first but worked really well with a polsilver blade (only used it three times so far).

@Daily Shaver when you're travelling, do you bring a synthetic brush? I travel a lot for work as well and heard they dry quicker than natural hair brushes.

I forgot that you would have to travel internationally and then have to deal with that liquid nonsense.

I travel with a Vulfix travel brush which is a badger and I make a point of taking out of the bag and drying it as soon as I get home. And sometimes I travel with either the L'occitane Plisson or The Body Shop synthetic. For the obvious reason they dry quicker.

If you stay at the same place each time could you perhaps parcel post your shave gear and then leave it so you don't have to put everything into tiny see through clear plastic bottles ??

Pff Yeah I can't wait till they sort that nonsense out either. Probably a long time before that happens..

I travel with my Omega 49 at the moment, do the same thing, use it in the evening, let it dry mostly throughout the night, travel in the morning and as soon as I arrive in a hotel take it out to dry again. So only mostly damp in a suitcase, hope it'll be OK!

I'll have a look at some synthetic brushes but as long as this works I think I'll keep travelling like this and if it turns out I need a new brush I'll switch to a synthetic one. Love how the hairs split and it gets better after every use though, makes it quite rewarding to use it every day!

Thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom