Hello From North Yorkshire

Welcome welcome welcome.

Soaps, creams, razors, blades, pre shave creams, aftershaves, balms, lotions & potions......

And that's just the main categories..... don't get us started on sub categories....

Hello and welcome.

My one piece of advice that I was given and should have listened to is to take your time in product selections. It is all too easy to buy the best, meaning most expensive, brush, razor and soap when they not be the best for you.

Hello and welcome.

My one piece of advice that I was given and should have listened to is to take your time in product selections. It is all too easy to buy the best, meaning most expensive, brush, razor and soap when they not be the best for you.
Shhh! Don't tell them that! Only by buying and selling multiple high end razors on the BST are we able to really appreciate the true wonders of wet shaving.

Oi! Oi! Is that you in your avatar? You DO need a proper shave!

Welcome to TSR ...

There is real joy in ritualising something we do daily and real joy in assembling just the right equipment.

Yes, it's a minefield - I mean, where do you start? Almost certainly start out by not spending a lot of money (I didn't say go cheap, though).

Many folks start out with an eBay brush and a Muhle R89 razor, which we pretty much all consider a real classic yet hardly ever shave with it after the first few weeks. Don't forget you can get some bits from the local supermarket and on that, certainly Sainsbury carry the modern Gillette kit which you'll find their DE razor (that shaves pretty much like the R89) and you get a pack of their Platinum blades in there. Tube of Palmolive shaving cream and if you're lucky, you might find Wilkinson Sword's new synthetic shaving brush in the same section (no band on the bristles ... if there is, it's their older and not so good boar brush). Bottle of Old Spice or Brut Original. You're set for a proper traditional shave.

Have a look through the Shave of the Day posts and enjoy the truly bewildering array of stuff out there.

Ask what you like and we'll give you a thousand different answers! :ROFLMAO:

See you around.

Hi There @mowbotman
and
welcome dracula GIF

Back
Top Bottom