Hello from Newbie

Hi,

Very new to DE shaving. My dad taught me to shave with a brush and disposable/cartridge razor in the 80s but I soon moved to using goo in a can.

Started looking into the DE route about a month ago - originally motivated by trying to save a few pennies. Now I am hooked! and realise I will be spending rather than saving :icon_razz:

My starter setup is
Merkur 34C
Body shop synthetic brush
Palmolive stick
Tried a starter blade set and have settled on Gillette 7 o'clock greens for now - don't want to change too may things.

That said I have just bought a Gillette slim adjustable from here with a view to keeping that in my travel bag. Hopefully suitable for a newbie?

Anyway, just saying hello. Have been lurking about a month but thought I'd say hello. Have already found some great advice on here so thanks.

Craig

chrisbell said:
Welcome! Might I suggest a brush upgrade is in order? The Body Shop one is great value, but you'll produce good lather much more rapidly with a good badger brush.

Cheers Chris, i actually started with a cheap badger one from ebay but it broke. Is there a decent one under the say £15 mark? Or do i need to save up more for a good one? Expensive classic car expenses this month :s

Welcome to TSR Craig.....Have a look at Ian Tang on the web.....don't know the address just off hand......he's in China...but his brushes are superb.............. the cheapest ( finest badger) is around £18 delivered

Back
Top Bottom