Hello from France

Pig Cat said:
cheese_dave said:
Alright bowman.

Didn't we beat you buggers at Agincourt?

Ah crap I'll get banned now. Bollocks.

I hope Bowman doesn't take offence to this. He is not Monsieur Charles Grande Pomme de Terre Tete you know!! :hungrig

Hello guys
I want to laugh with you,can you expalin me what you're talking about?
Don't worry,I'm a fan of Benny Hill and Mr Bean,I don't feel too serious.
About the name bowman;I use to choose it because it's a way to think about the great science-fiction writer Arthur C.Clarke (Dave Bowman is the principal human character
of 2001 a space odyssey)

Dear Bowman,
Welcome aboard - what part of your beautiful country do you come from?
British men essentially remain schoolboys all their lives so far as humour is concerned - just think "classroom humour" and you will be all right.
It's nice that you like all those British shaving products - you might be amused to learn that one of my favourite shaving soaps is Monsavon which you possibly might consider rather plebeian but I love the stuff.
(For those who do not know Monsavon is a sort of French Palmolive/Erasmic but a thousand times better)

Welcome Bowman

Interested to hear your thoughts on the DRH Almond when it arrives, I found the scent to be very bitter (almost like it had burnt!)
Enjoy the site.

Boab said:
Welcome Bowman

Interested to hear your thoughts on the DRH Almond when it arrives, I found the scent to be very bitter (almost like it had burnt!)
Enjoy the site.

Probably the only product I’ve bought that hasn’t smelt like what I was expecting, more quinine than almond.

SirPrize said:
Dear Bowman,
Welcome aboard - what part of your beautiful country do you come from?
British men essentially remain schoolboys all their lives so far as humour is concerned - just think "classroom humour" and you will be all right.
It's nice that you like all those British shaving products - you might be amused to learn that one of my favourite shaving soaps is Monsavon which you possibly might consider rather plebeian but I love the stuff.
(For those who do not know Monsavon is a sort of French Palmolive/Erasmic but a thousand times better)
Yes Sir Prize, Monsavon is consider as the lowest quality you can find in supermarket. British product like TOBS,DR Harris,Geo F.Trumper,Truefitt are considered as luxury product....
I'm living in the "Massif Central" not far away from a famous battle field where Vercingetorix beat César a few century ago....
Thank you for you nice welcome message and you must known that great britain is also consider in France as a very nice country.

cheese_dave said:
bowman said:
Hello guys
I want to laugh with you,can you expalin me what you're talking about?
Well I died a death there!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Agincourt

Cheshire bowmen played a large part in the defeat of the French at Agincourt is all. I didn't know the "bowman" in this case was a reference to 2001. It's full of stars, you know.
Yes it's full of stars and you must know that I' m also interested in many other writers:Doyle,Hodgson,Machen,Le Fanu,Crawford.
And let me know,what represent for you the name "bowman"?
It seems to be important..

A "bowman" or "bow man" would be a man who uses a bow, in other words, an archer. Which is why I was going on about Agincourt. But I'm really wishing I hadn't, as I'm now being stretched out on the rack of my own bad joke!

Boab said:
Welcome Bowman

Enjoy the site.

I hace received a sample of the cream from Connaught Shaving and I really like the scent,it remind me a very famous kind of glue that all guys of my generation (I'm 34) have
used when whe were child.I hope the soap while be the same scent.
Of course,I will give you my thoughts when I got it.

cheese_dave said:
A "bowman" or "bow man" would be a man who uses a bow, in other words, an archer. Which is why I was going on about Agincourt. But I'm really wishing I hadn't, as I'm now being stretched out on the rack of my own bad joke!
Don't worry and thank you for accept a little froggy on this forum :lol:

Back
Top Bottom