Hello everybody! :)

Well I've been lurking around this forum for a while, picking up hints and tips, and enjoying some good reads. After a particularly lush shave this evening, I thought it was about time to say hello!

So my name is Adam, and I'm a shavaholic!

I switched from Crap3's about a year ago to a DE, and within a month bought my first straight. I now have a couple of DEs, a chunky 34c which was my first, and an open comb merkur which I can't remember the name of, but more aggressive open tooth, gets a fair bit of use. I also have a Dovo Astrale straight, and my pride and joy, a Theirs Issard sheep and wolf 7/8 barbers notch straight with olive wood scales. Various other usual odds and sods. More creams, soaps, lotions and potions than I know what to do with, and waiting for a very nice Dalvey brush to arrive. Few strops. My favourite is a magic mike 3" leather and canvas, but I have a softer one that gets more use for now. Oh, I also bought a shavette recently. The Dovo with the black holder and olive wood scales. More out of curiosity really. Used it once so far. It's not bad. Doesn't replace a proper straight, and if I'm not using a straight I'd probably go for a nice DE, so it probably won't get loads of use, but nice to have. Product collection wise, I also have a longish goatee (I know, cheating!) so I don't get away with shaving OR beard care stuff. Have to have both! Could be worse. :)

So tonight I tried a new cream. I have been working my way through a tub of TOBS Sandlewood for a while, and have really been enjoying a jar of Arran aromatics "driftwood" which is lovely, but today I got some GFT violet. Very nice lather I must say. Probably the best. Ordered the limes one already and the limes skin food. I have been more into the Sandlewood, and traditional woody / classic manly type fragrances, but I must say, I quite like the change to fruity ones from time to time. I'm undecided on the GFT skin food. Use the Sandlewood a lot, but I tend to need a more intensive moisturiser. It does the trick after a gentle DE shave, but I find myself topping it up a bit or using a moisturiser like the utterly superb Executive Shaving intensive as well usually.

Not had too many mishaps so far. Worst cut was the first time I used the Theirs Issard Barbers notch, which is essentially a square point. I'd been used to my round point Dovo, and wasn't careful enough of the point. Had a nice line under my ear for a few days. Nothing stitch worthy though. Didn't make that mistake twice!

Anyway, enough of a ramble from me. Hope to get chatting to you guys soon, and learning plenty about the wonderful world of wet shaving. Still get a bit bumpy from time to time on my neck area. Hoping for some pearls of wisdom to sort that out!

If you got this far, thanks for reading! ;)

Adam.

Well I've been lurking around this forum for a while, picking up hints and tips, and enjoying some good reads. After a particularly lush shave this evening, I thought it was about time to say hello!

I switched from Crap3's about a year ago to a DE, and within a month bought my first straight. I now have a couple of DEs, a chunky 34c which was my first, and an open comb merkur which I can't remember the name of, but more aggressive open tooth, gets a fair bit of use. I also have a Dovo Astrale straight, and my pride and joy, a Theirs Issard sheep and wolf 7/8 barbers notch straight with olive wood scales. Various other usual odds and sods. More creams, soaps, lotions and potions than I know what to do with, and waiting for a very nice Dalvey brush to arrive. Few strops. My favourite is a magic mike 3" leather and canvas, but I have a softer one that gets more use for now. Oh, I also bought a shavette recently. The Dovo with the black holder and olive wood scales. More out of curiosity really. Used it once so far. It's not bad. Doesn't replace a proper straight, and if I'm not using a straight I'd probably go for a nice DE, so it probably won't get loads of use, but nice to have. Product collection wise, I also have a longish goatee (I know, cheating!) so I don't get away with shaving OR beard care stuff. Have to have both! Could be worse. :)

So tonight I tried a new cream. I have been working my way through a tub of TOBS Sandlewood for a while, and have really been enjoying a jar of Arran aromatics "driftwood" which is lovely, but today I got some GFT violet. Very nice lather I must say. Probably the best. Ordered the limes one already and the limes skin food. I have been more into the Sandlewood, and traditional woody / classic manly type fragrances, but I must say, I quite like the change to fruity ones from time to time. I'm undecided on the GFT skin food. Use the Sandlewood a lot, but I tend to need a more intensive moisturiser. It does the trick after a gentle DE shave, but I find myself topping it up a bit or using a moisturiser like the utterly superb Executive Shaving intensive as well usually.

Not had too many mishaps so far. Worst cut was the first time I used the Theirs Issard Barbers notch, which is essentially a square point. I'd been used to my round point Dovo, and wasn't careful enough of the point. Had a nice line under my ear for a few days. Nothing stitch worthy though. Didn't make that mistake twice!

Anyway, enough of a ramble from me. Hope to get chatting to you guys soon, and learning plenty about the wonderful world of wet shaving. Still get a bit bumpy from time to time on my neck area. Hoping for some pearls of wisdom to sort that out!

Adam.
Welcome aboard & enjoy :)

Adam.
Never heard of a magic mike strop(film about a stripper - I did a search for it because ive never heard of one)Didn't you mean Mountain mike? Lmfao haha.Nice to meet you pal :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom