Hello chaps!

Thought I would say hello to one and all.

I am reasonably new to DE shaving, and am astonished at how enjoyable it all is, and effective too. And it would be a lot cheaper, were it not for all the fun to be had buying extra bits and bobs! Beats paying Mr Gillette £4 or whatever for a single cartridge for a Fusion.

The straw that broke the camels back was deciding it was all too expensive, and trying the King of Shaves razor, which aside from being reasonably useless in general, specifically could not shave under the nose. Then someone on another forum I use suggested trying a DE razor.

I tried the Wilko Sword starter razor, with WS blades, WS cheapo boar brush and Occitane Cade (which someone gave me years ago.) Brilliant. Loved it.

I moved on to a Edwin Jagger 89DE which is a lovely thing indeed, and have some TOBS cream. Also some Original Shaving co cream too. I ended up using Feathers after a fairly unpleasant go at Derby blades, and an ok whirl with the WS blades. Even a spur of the moment purchase of Sainsbury own brand blades seemed less scary than the Derbys!

There it is then. A plan to buy a couple more razors and perhaps a soap or two are in hand. I am already finding these boards incredibly useful I must say. Especially in leading me astray! :lol:

Welcome to TSR! Another anti- Derby chap. :roll: Oh well, I'm in the minority again. Sounds like you're doing just fine. There are loads of other goodies to discover, as you have no doubt seen while browsing about here. Just keep thinking about the £4/blade Fusions and you will justify every purchase satisfactorily.

Back
Top Bottom