Hello and thanks

hello all,

started DE shaving about 3 weeks ago following decades of shaving related problems, usual stuff, it seems primarily related to multi-blade cartridges. Just wanted to thank everyone for the invaluable advice that I have read on here over the last couple of months, as I've now gone for several periods of consective days shaving (4 days, day off, 3 days, day off etc) which I have rarely, if ever, been able to do before. This is really life changing for me.

I couldn't find a Merkur HD 34C anywhere, so eventually decided to go mad and splash out some birthday money on a Feather AS D1, given it was considered mild - in for a penny and all that. Thanks to Connaught shaving for perfect service :)

With that, some Proraso Pre Shave, GFT Violet, a good badger brush and feather blades, I can get a close shave with 2 WTG passes and a bit. I'm avoiding any XTG/ATG, as I don't seem to need it. It's superb, really wish I'd been able to do this years ago.

It seems to be going superbly, so well done on picking up the technique. Nice choice of razor too, very unusual!

Hopefully we'll see you around the forums as you aquire new products and knowledge. Welcome.

Thanks chaps, the AS-D1 is a lovely razor. I was a tad worried at spending so much on my first DE, but with feather blades it seems to suit me, so far at least. Still early days though, but I'm quite surprised at how well things are going :). A tube of Trumpers Coconut arrived today, finding it hard to stop buying stuff

Back
Top Bottom