Have I knackered my boar?

I have a omega jade green from Connaught and when I broke it in I didn’t realise that I was only supposed to soak the tips. With my travel boar I broke it in with tips only and I prefer the ‘stiffer’ feel, have I killed the jade green ?

I have a omega jade green from Connaught and when I broke it in I didn’t realise that I was only supposed to soak the tips. With my travel boar I broke it in with tips only and I prefer the ‘stiffer’ feel, have I killed the jade green ?

Appreciate that some boars will be softer than others. Doubtful you've "killed it" as my definition of that would be that you tried to soften the tips by rubbing it repeatedly on sandpaper or a pavement slab, or you'd soaked, frozen & thawed it and now the hair is all falling out. No, you've not affected the character of the hair by doing whatever it is you've done ... some hair is just stiffer or softer than other.

Any future animal hair brushes, just use 'em ...

I've got three boar brushes (Omega, Zenith and Semogue) that I've been using for several years now, but which still haven't attained my desired amount of plentiful split ends.

I have found that the bristle brushes from Culmak and Vulfix are usually softer to begin with than those makes above, but they are smaller brushes anyway.

Odd brushes have arrived with a certain amount of animal smell when they're first wetted, but my answer for this is to use them to lather up as much as possible of the best-smelling soaps, and a couple of times fixes any odoriferousness.

Does your Omega Jade Green hold a lather well? Some boars are incredibly scrubby and others are softer, it's part of the pleasure of using boar brushes.

Tiere Bis Unters Dach Running GIF by SWR Kindernetz

Here's a thought....

What brush does a wild boar use when it shaves it's hair off to donate to the brush factory.

I wonder if they use straights, DE's or SE's

Do they in fact use Boycie's Emporium to acquire thier soaps etc....?

Back
Top Bottom