Haslinger soaps, how are you using the pucks?

I have a few haslinger soaps and I'm really enjoying them but I'm having to use small brushes in order to get them into a pot that fits the puck pretty snugly. I'd like to be able to use bigger brushes but as you see in the photo below, it's a pain with the size of the puck/tub. I could put it in a bigger tub but it'd slide around.

How do you go about loading a 30mm brush?

4vVUg0Y.jpg

After the first use in a salsa bowl I put the softened puck into an empty plastic KFC coleslaw bowl and pressed it to fit. I am very utilitarian when it comes to storing pucks. No artsy fartsy bowls/containers. ;)

Don't mutilate the soap - get a Simpson's Wee Scot - the perfect match - Vie Long do similar size brushes as well - if you prefer a bit of horse. yours - I.

I put mine in a bigger tub(Rolls Razor soap tub made of Bakelite) and it don't come off even if I bloom the soap. The one I use(sheepsmilk) sticks to the tub good and won't get loose.

I've ended up grating mine and creating a larger surface area but I used to use the Muhle RN6 bowl. Puck fits in perfect and creates a nice small palm sized solution.

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

The flared lip is helpful I found

Back
Top Bottom