Has anybody ever tried an ice cold razor?

I noticed metal becomes hydrophobic when it's cold. I decided to try something. I warmed my face with warm/hotish water, spread the fat based soap and then brushed over it, I then dipped my razor in ice water and proceeded to shave, periodically dipping my razor back in the ice when the resistance started to increase, it's the smoothest shave I've ever had. I'm pretty sure I could've done 5 passes without getting razor burn.

I then washed my face with warm/hotish water to remove the fat/soap and then cold water as I usually would.

I'm a bit of a loner so maybe this isn't news to you guys?

Last edited:
Some folks do enjoy cold water shaving ... I'd say the water coming out of my cold tap is "ice cold". I just choose not to.
I’m just down the road road from you… the ice cold water is straight off the hills, just goes through a sieve to filter out the sheep shit. From where I’m sitting I can even identify the sheep in question

Dipping the razor in Really Hot water works better, because it re-aligns the surface molecules of the razors edge with true magnetic North and so creates a tiny magnetic plasma field which allows the razor to "float" evenly over your skin, at a sub-atomic particle level and , thus, you get the smoothest, closest shave you ever experienced.

Or something like that.

I even have some electron beam microscope photographs to support my theory.

Dipping the razor in Really Hot water works better, because it re-aligns the surface molecules of the razors edge with true magnetic North and so creates a tiny magnetic plasma field which allows the razor to "float" evenly over your skin, at a sub-atomic particle level and , thus, you get the smoothest, closest shave you ever experienced.

Or something like that.

I even have some electron beam microscope photographs to support my theory.
It also magnetically lifts each hair and cleanly slices through the re-aligned molecules created by the plasma field. You can actually release the razor and it will self glide towards all the hairs until they're gone. :geek:

It also magnetically lifts each hair and cleanly slices through the re-aligned molecules created by the plasma field. You can actually release the razor and it will self glide towards all the hairs until they're gone. :geek:
Thats Right !!

I guess this must be what the Gillette "heated" razor was using, because the advert said it was the latest tech AND it gives the greatest shave ever.

They had a celeb in a tv advert demonstrating how fast you can shave with Gillette heated - one stroke and its done.

i'm sure that was like totally real and not just a clean shaven celeb who spread foam on his face and used a blunt razor or something ........ (allegedly)

:eek: :eek::love::love::unsure::unsure::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I noticed metal becomes hydrophobic when it's cold. I decided to try something. I warmed my face with warm/hotish water, spread the fat based soap and then brushed over it, I then dipped my razor in ice water and proceeded to shave, periodically dipping my razor back in the ice when the resistance started to increase, it's the smoothest shave I've ever had. I'm pretty sure I could've done 5 passes without getting razor burn.

I then washed my face with warm/hotish water to remove the fat/soap and then cold water as I usually would.

I'm a bit of a loner so maybe this isn't news to you guys?
I've never been able to manage cold water shaving although I enjoy an ice cold rinse at the end. I'm yet to fathom how that bit is enjoyable but a cold shave isn't.

I tried cold water shaving when our boiler was playing up. Perhaps the psychology of the situation ruined it for me.

I have spent some years cold water shaving. It takes me back to school days, cold showers and adolescent cold water shaves.
It saves me money and works well enough.

Of course, heating, hot water and the rest are to be denied us, at least affordably, so many more can look forward to shivering by a small can of cold water as they shave. I'm just "prepping" ahead of what people apparently want....until they are forced to have it.

Back
Top Bottom