Happy Hanukkah!

To those who celebrate...I wish you a happy and healthy holiday!..

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_H4r3_ezKQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_H4r3_ezKQ</a><!-- m -->

Blades

Attachments

• 0612p111-table-m.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 150
Thanks Blades, always good to see multi-culturalism and general positivity. Something I need to work on!

Are you Jewish? I think there's at least two others here, but I guess not all practise or keep up the traditions.

Anyway, if so have a good Sabbath eve tonight.

Rev-O said:
Are you Jewish? I think there's at least two others here, but I guess not all practise or keep up the traditions.

Yup, me, but I'm basically an atheist so we don't do Chanukah. Blimey, it's started early this year. I did used to enjoy the festival as a boy though - loved lighting the candles and watching them burn down. They were always crappy one that burnt really quickly so you could have races. Who needs XBoxes anyway?

Pig Cat said:
Rev-O said:

Yup, me, but I'm basically an atheist so we don't do Chanukah. Blimey, it's started early this year. I did used to enjoy the festival as a boy though - loved lighting the candles and watching them burn down. They were always crappy one that burnt really quickly so you could have races. Who needs XBoxes anyway?

Explains why his pifs are half empty now.. :lol:

Yes..I am actually American Israeli (Israeli being my dad and American being my mom) and my wife is from Ukraine..also Jewish..we both met at our Synagogue many years ago and over time became closer friends til..3 years ago when we got married and have a 2yr old daughter.... :mrgreen:
My mom went to china some years ago and actually found Chinese Jews..they lives in a very small town and did their Sabbath traditions inside their home only..this was in the 1980's..when as my mom stated "If you had a sewing machine"..you made a good living"

Blades

Back
Top Bottom