Had a great shave.... nothing to do with DE lol!

Well, I was in a bit of a hurry today plus I also realised I had run out of DE blades. Luckily my Wilkinson Sword Hydro 3 was ready and waiting in the cabinet. 2 quick passes (wtg/atg) and all was nice and smooth. Although DE is all well and good, when I am in a hurry / can't be arsed, the old Wilkinson is a godsend...

Almost all men get great shaves from cartridges.

I mean, they wouldn't sell if they didn't perform.

seefman said:
Well, I was in a bit of a hurry today plus I also realised I had run out of DE blades. Luckily my Wilkinson Sword Hydro 3 was ready and waiting in the cabinet. 2 quick passes (wtg/atg) and all was nice and smooth. Although DE is all well and good, when I am in a hurry / can't be arsed, the old Wilkinson is a godsend...

Ah! yes the antithesis, its not been long for me either, but I had almost entirely forgotten the 'convenience' argument. It just occured to me that perhaps someone should invent a device that does the same job which runs on electricity...

I am perfectly at ease with the idea of straying from DE for whatever reason but the bit where the OP says "I had run out of DE blades" really threw me. I'd forgotten that this was even a feasible circumstance

My missus buys me my stuff when I've run out, but if I forget to tell her, or she isn't going shopping that day then I have to wait.

Easily done as most of us aren't hoarding 83 years worth of stuff.

Very funny, true though[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

No DE blades, omg MAN DOWN.. ( do you req a selection PIFing ? )

I had to do the same today, first time in 4 months with a hydro 5 this morning.
Using exactly the same prep as when I use my DE, I now have more returned growth than I would have when using a DE in the evening !!
But, admittedly, it was fast and pain free.

JohnVaux said:
No DE blades, omg MAN DOWN.. ( do you req a selection PIFing ? )

I had to do the same today, first time in 4 months with a hydro 5 this morning.
Using exactly the same prep as when I use my DE, I now have more returned growth than I would have when using a DE in the evening !!
But, admittedly, it was fast and pain free.

It's almost as if you're trying to tell us your beard grows twice as fast when you use a different method to cut it.

Now THAT's magic!

joe mcclaine said:
My missus buys me my stuff when I've run out, but if I forget to tell her, or she isn't going shopping that day then I have to wait.

83 years may be a bit excessive, but I'm betting more than half the regulars have a year or three of blades in stock. Based on the number of folk I've seen joining into posts about bulk blade purchases of 100 blade packs.

joe mcclaine said:
The whiskers are either there after your shave, or they aren't.

That is beyond argument. However I do notice that some razor and blade combinations leave my face smoother for longer than others, yet they all pass the 'touch test' after I've finished the shave and polish routine :)

I have no logical reason for it, but in my limited experience some razors do leave me with a smoother face for longer than others.

Back
Top Bottom