Guess the Valet,,,

Hi this is going to be a long shot - but just won this on the bay

Was worth a punt at £6 - anyone have idea what it could be ? If not will have to post better pictures when I receive the razor.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 56
Greetings

When the head is pictured upside down it's really guesswork, but I think those blades might be the early type without the word Valet cut out of the blade. If they belong with the razor then it would tend to suggest it is one of the earlier models that will take a modified GEM Blade as well as a Feather

I have learnt to ignore the handle as it would seem (as is the case with other makes of SE's) all sorts of handles were used on many different models at the factories. It would appear they would use up a style of handle left over from previous models and also there may have been an interchange of parts between the three factories ie USA UK and Canada.

Regards
Dick.

VC1 Model C set 1920's

I couldn't find an exact match, the sets I've found that match yours are made in the USA not Canada..
These sites are good for research:
www.stropper.com
www.collectorsencyclopedia.com
www.shaveworld.org

looks like a VC1...hopefully it should be ok as it looks in good condition however VC1's can lose one or both of the 'pegs'/teeth that hold the blade at either side of the comb area...they shave fine and with a bit of work you CAN get a decent shave with an original VALET blade.

[attachment=9778]received the valet today and it is in perfect condition - doesn't seem used.

see pics - still think its a vc 1? will it take a gem and feather blade?

even came with two valet blades

[attachment=9775]
[attachment=9774]
[attachment=9776]
[attachment=9777]

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 15
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    24.7 KB · Views: 17
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 15
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    26.3 KB · Views: 15
Nrahuf said:
received the valet today and it is in perfect condition - doesn't seem used.

see pics - still think its a vc 1? will it take a gem and feather blade?

even came with two valet blades

Feather blade will drop straight in, a GEM will need spine removing and general fiddleing with...have a go at stropping one of the original VALET blades espercxially if they are the blue steel type, currently I am upto around 30-ish shaves on an original Valet blade ...stropped before and after every shave, usually 4 passes occassionaly 3.

Back
Top Bottom