Greetings from the Great White North

Hi Folks.

Sorry for the late intro, but I thought I had introduced myself last week. However it must have been on another site - I've joined a few in the past month....
Anyhow, I live in Yellowknife, Northwet Territories in the Canadian Arctic. Started wet shaving about 6 weeks ago. I started with a 1953 Gillette Slim Adjustable and Proraso soap. Since then I have fallen victim to a major case of AD. You see, up here there aren't many decent shaving supplies available, actually there's not a lot of decent stuff...so we order a lot from the internet. I have started collecting vintage razors because I find them fascinating. I just used my 1930's Gillette NEW Open Tooth Comb last night and got the best shave of my life - my first BBS! Only 2 nicks to show for it!
I've also discovered La Toja shaving cream for sensitive skin - feels great on the face!

I enjoy perusing the reviews and advice here.
Thanks.

- ian

Re: Greetings from the Graet White North

Nice to have you here Ian, we don't get many visitors from that side of the pond, especially from ones that live somewhere so remote! Sounds like you're in this shaving lark right up to your neck already... pardon the pun.
Welcome, and enjoy.

Hi and welcome to TSR Ian! Nice soap that and the NEW was my first DE love :D

Welcome to TSR!

When you've tried more creams you will see that La Toja isn't that good! Try the Portuguese creams(Top Secret, Veleiro, Via Men, Lavanda, O Melhor and Musgo Real), even the Spanish agree they're better than any Spanish cream!

(See what I did there I've just introduced him to SCAD! :lol: Sorry about that!)

Here's hoping you have the best shaves of your life!

Hello and welcome to TSR Ian.
Are you sure your Canadian? you dont write anything like Urban Hermit :D
regards, beejay

Many thanks for the warm welcome, folk.

beejay - my Mum always told me I was found under a cabbage leaf, probably left there by the faeries - so I can't say for sure if I'm really Canadian......although my passport sez I am.... :?

bjmoose said:
Many thanks for the warm welcome, folk.

beejay - my Mum always told me I was found under a cabbage leaf, probably left there by the faeries - so I can't say for sure if I'm really Canadian......although my passport sez I am.... :?

hmm ... I was always told I was abandoned by Gypsies.
  • ... well, more specifically, I was a baby that was cursed and abandoned by Gypsies, actually.
    • ... alright, they maintained that I was a baby who was a mutant, and cursed, and abandoned by Gypsies, really.
      • ... to be totally honest it went that as a baby, I was a mutant, cursed and abandoned by Space Gypsies.
        • ... OK, OK I was the mutant Prince of the Space Gypsies, and cursed, and abandoned by them, as a baby.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
          I know, it's just that old chestnut - talk about the over-used clichés in my parents' ol' 'War Years' Brit mentality!

• By the way, Ian (did anyone here know that my brother's name is also Ian? Er, never mind, that matters not at all...), welcome to the Room.[/list:u]

Back
Top Bottom