Greetings from humble Belgium

Hello everyone :cool:

After lurking and posting for some time on B&B and SMF, I'm happy to have found this UK based board. SMF was too much of an old boys club for my taste (although I learned a lot from the mighty Shaving God Gordon, ;) ) and B&B - well... It just got swamped by thousands of newbies asking the same beginner questions over and over again (and again), which for me disencouraged participating any longer... (Not that I have anything against guys just starting out - of course not. But you know what I mean)

The shaving room seems a nice place: open to anyone but not too crowded for my taste.

See you on these pages!

Frederi(c)k

antdad said:
Welcome Fred

No knife and gun talk here...

I have a swiss army penknife and pump action air rifle... does that count?

Ah yes... the blessed cultural differences.

Subforum: 'Gentlemanly pursuits'
Topic: 'How to clean and load an assault rifle'.

Not my cup of tea either.

Frederick said:
Hello everyone :cool:

well... It just got swamped by thousands of newbies asking the same beginner questions over and over again (and again), which for me disencouraged participating any longer... (Not that I have anything against guys just starting out - of course not. But you know what I mean)

The shaving room seems a nice place: open to anyone but not too crowded for my taste.

See you on these pages!

Frederi(c)k

I know exactly where you're coming from, never really went on B&B prefered SMF, but more often than not I was hitting the 'mark as read' button cos it was always 'I've got sensitive skin and a course beard help me' and the response was always prep, blade angle etc. As you said, nothing at all against people researching 'proper' shaving but have people never heard of a search function or maybe just reading some previous posts???

As for the weapon thing, I had to interject on a thread ages ago banging on about what your primary and secondary weapon was, I'm in the army so I told them what mine are :eek:

Anyway, rant over :p Welcome :D

Stitch306 said:
As for the weapon thing, I had to interject on a thread ages ago banging on about what your primary and secondary weapon was, I'm in the army so I told them what mine are :eek:

Anyway, rant over :p Welcome :D

The gun thing is weird, anyone I know in the army (British) has little interest in guns, just sees them as a piece of equipment. But get them talking about their coolest sunglasses and they will bore you for hours :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom