Good morning from Italy

Well had the shave and it was fantastic: an old guy in a traditional barbers who looked like an old rocker and two young assistants. He got the boy to lather me up before doing the shave himself. He didn't use a hot towel like the turks do in the UK but did a fantastic job. I will be aiming and failing to replicate it. He used Prorasso Green cream which seems to be stronger smelling than my soap. Great atmosphere there too with all the bloky gossip and ok for 5 Euro. There was a more upmarket place down the road that did women too but I avoided!

Well had the shave and it was fantastic: an old guy in a traditional barbers who looked like an old rocker and two young assistants. He got the boy to lather me up before doing the shave himself. He didn't use a hot towel like the turks do in the UK but did a fantastic job. I will be aiming and failing to replicate it. He used Prorasso Green cream which seems to be stronger smelling than my soap. Great atmosphere there too with all the bloky gossip and ok for 5 Euro. There was a more upmarket place down the road that did women too but I avoided!
What ??? 5 Euros ?? Where do you are ??? Here where I live a shave costs about 11/12 € if you go on normal local barber, but I've seen something like 25/35 € for a shave in those "modern" saloon. Anyway I'm happy you found an enjoyable shave for a reasonable price. But... no Floid in the end ?

What is Floid Adriano? He did put some nice aftershave balm on in the end and for the price I am very happy. It was a very traditional place. I think one has to be crazy to spend 35 Euro on a shave. It is about £10 here in the Turkish barber but they spend more time than the guy at the Italian barbers, they prepare your face with a hot towel etc. However I can't complain at all!

What is Floid Adriano?
floid-after-shave-vigoroso-vintage-special-edition-400ml.jpg

Really never seen ? :) Every barber here in Italy has this bottle !!

Floid is from Spain but is widely used here in Italy. For years there was a version especially produced in Italy.
353imagesCAB3EZJQ.jpg

Since I was young I remember the orange bottle when my father brings me to the barber. You can find it easily enough in malls or in soap shops. It's about 16€ for 400ml bottle

Back
Top Bottom