Going to try Proraso

I would not say that Billy. I bought the pre and soap in green on holiday in Italy last month and was using it throughout the two weeks with no discomfort and a decent shave using the Edwin Jagger. I mean it is not an artisan but in Italy the soap is €1.50 and the Pre Shave €3 so a dirt cheap supermarket item (less than the canned foam) I like the Vicks Vaporub smell too. It's no OSP or Wickham's but it does the job for me.

Last edited:
Mine Went Straight Down the Bog Hole..Mine was the Green..There was More Nuclear Fallout that Came Out of that Soap than the Friggin Russian Nuclear Disaster..I Found it to be Filthy Stuff..It Leaves a Scummy Like Residue in the Sink & the Razor Like No Ones Business..Its a Poor Performer to Boot..o_O

Young Nick here Talks about the Filthy Residue..He is Being Diplomatic Mind..:eek:

Billy

It's all down to personal experience I guess. All fat and oil whether animal or vegetable based is slick by it's very formation. I have seen fights break out on other forums over soap in my short time wet shaving. It seems a bit crazy to me! I have both tallow and veg formulas.

It's all down to personal experience I guess. All fat and oil whether animal or vegetable based is slick by it's very formation. I have seen fights break out on other forums over soap in my short time wet shaving. It seems a bit crazy to me! I have both tallow and veg formulas.
You must decide for yourself and don't be swayed by others, only you can decide what is best for you and when you find it you will know, someone said good soap is good soap there is a lot of truth in that.
As you yourself say it's all down to personal experience and nobody has said you have to use one or the other ,you can use the best of both.

I got the multipack tubs the white, green and red, they are responsible priced products so I'm not expecting the world I think for the price they are good...I like the smell of the white the most...

I got them for my wife as she uses a de razor now, and couldn't stand the mess she was making with my Cella!!

Yeah, it's what works for you. I sometimes use the Proraso cream and always get a comfortable shave with it. Sure, it leaves a residue & it's not the slickest but they smell nice & lather up quickly. But you do have to go a long way to beat a tallow IMO.

that fergiebilly, sooooo nice and politically correct to everyone. Would never dare say something impolite about a soap, not even arko.

Love for proraso depends upon the quality of the water you are shaving with. I have hard gravel like water, and its more a slime then anything, the blue in a tube.

As a result, the famous Italian friend of shaveers, Cella, is my Italian friend.

Never tried Cella but TFS red puck is nice. It smells of marzipan and is also dirt cheap (under two euro sometimes under Figaro name) in Italy but it does the job for me. I have bought a packet of citric acid and put a teaspoonful in my sink to combat the chalky water in my area.

Back
Top Bottom