Gillette (Shanghai) Blades Now Available In The UK

Here is a SxS comparison of an authentic and a fake blade. Fake blade always on top:

YGuXOkp.jpg

ndgPxyP.jpg

lTfhBi4.jpg

ML16K4x.jpg

s9tgWzR.jpg

Very interesting, aside from the lack of glue spots for the fake (and exterior aesthetics, printings on the blade) the fake looks well made.

I was thinking the same as a few of you. the printing on the fake looks much clearer. However, the "i" isn't correct for the Gillette logo.

Does that mean the blades in the link are genuine or not?

Thanks for posting. So if my understanding of your comparison is correct, the blades from this vendor - Gillette Super Blue Double Edge Razor Shaving Blades | Super Sharp | eBay are not the genuine article?

These Gillette Super Blues are ones made for the Vietnam market not the China market as the ones which Bogeyman provided a link for.
I'm not sure whether they are the same blades as genuine MIC Super Blues, but I'd have no reason to doubt the seller as they are one with an excellent reputation, and all the new MIC Gillette's seems to suggest they have a new supplier from Vietnam or another nation for where the blades are intended for.

These Gillette Super Blues are ones made for the Vietnam market not the China market as the ones which Bogeyman provided a link for.
I'm not sure whether they are the same blades as genuine MIC Super Blues, but I'd have no reason to doubt the seller as they are one with an excellent reputation, and all the new MIC Gillette's seems to suggest they have a new supplier from Vietnam or another nation for where the blades are intended for.

Thanks for this...

The bona fide Super Gillette Blue Blade is superb. I have over 100 authentic ones and hoard them like gold.

I own and have used every modern Gillette made in Shanghai blade except for one that still eludes me: the mysterious Rubie Ultra Stainless marketed in the Philippines. Plead, whine and beg as I have, no online vendor will ship to the USA. One fellow on another forum somehow got a vendor there to sell/ship some and he was promptly "dry holed" on the deal as the blades were counterfeit. :cautious:

I got 100 (in retail hanging packs) Super Blue from Ali Express for $18 inclusive of postage and they are truly excellent. Likewise, I'm one blade short of a full suit, the same one of course. I'm currently trying to persuade a Filipina work colleague to get hold of a few for me.

Have you managed to try the rare beast known as the Thai Super Stainless?

1610762840415.png

They shave very similar to the Vietnam variant of the Super Thin

...Have you managed to try the rare beast known as the Thai Super Stainless?

View attachment 63315

They shave very similar to the Vietnam variant of the Super Thin

Yes, I got two tucks a few years back, but I am sure they were fake. I got my $$ back.

As a note:

P.S. I am glad the Super Gillette Blue Blades are authentic as they are a great blade!! FWIW, if I were pushed to postulate I'd say they may be the Astra SP rebranded. Just sayin'............:whistle:

Last edited:
Shanghai Blue loaded for today's shave
Hmmm - not a great first impression:

Order 100 of the gillette london bridge blades from the seller looking for forward to trying them
Has anyone used gillette super nacets tried to get my hands on them but nobody will ship them to the UK

Back
Top Bottom