Gillette Nacets or Gillette Rubies, which do you prefer?

I started this thread back in 2016 and although I have now found a blade that betters the Rubie I still have the Rubie in my number two spot, one of the best blades out there only to be beaten by the now discontinued but still available, the Polsilver Stainless out of Lodz Poland. Available at Shaving ie. So imo the Rubies are still the best blade still in production YMMV! :) P.

I started this thread back in 2016 and although I have now found a blade that betters the Rubie I still have the Rubie in my number two spot, one of the best blades out there only to be beaten by the now discontinued but still available, the Polsilver Stainless out of Lodz Poland. Available at Shaving ie. So imo the Rubies are still the best blade still in production YMMV! :) P.

The brown box one? Yes, I have a tuck or two and it was a great blade. Very smooth. Did you ever try the Gillette Goal Super Platinum? I thought SeanC PIF'd you one(?).

The brown box one? Yes, I have a tuck or two and it was a great blade. Very smooth. Did you ever try the Gillette Goal Super Platinum? I thought SeanC PIF'd you one(?).
Yes the brown box, unbeatable imo. I did try the GGSP and I thought it was good but it didn't knock my two top blades from their posistions.

Jel999, how many shaves do you normally get on a Rubie blade? I regularly get seven and today shave #4 on one was as good as shave #1. It's one of the few blades I push past three shaves.

Jel999, how many shaves do you normally get on a Rubie blade? I regularly get seven and today shave #4 on one was as good as shave #1. It's one of the few blades I push past three shaves.

I don't try to push it, plus the fact that I shave maybe 3 times a week & I have quite heavy growth so they have to work for a living. Normally 4 or 5 shaves. The best blade out there. I'm selling my remaining Polsilvers & buying more.

Back
Top Bottom