gillette nacet v gillette rubie

D

Deleted member 12673

hey peeps, ive ordered 200 gillette nacets the other day and awaiting delivery,
so ive read that some peeps seem to compare it with the gillette rubies but some say its as good, not as good or even better,
so im wondering from your lots experience, which would you say is better? thanks saj

p.s according to ebay uk the cost of the gillette rubies compared to the nacets is at least more then twice the price!

btw does anyone know where the gillette nacet and the gillette rubies are made? thanks

thanks you ever tried the gillette nacet or the gillette rubies?

another blade i really want to try out is the voskhod blades

I have, I got one of each in a sample pack from eBay.

They are both excellent blades, sharp and smooth and to me they were very similar in performance. At the time I just about preferred the Rubie, but they were a lot more expensive than the Nacet, like twice the price. At that price I didn't think their performance advantage was worth the premium over the Nacet.

Also I'd kind of settled on Polsilver Super Iridiums and Łódź as being my favourite blades and bought a 100 of each of those so wasn't really motivated to chase tiny incremental improvements in performance, which might just have been subjective anyway.

To be honest I think you'd be hard pressed to find a bad Gillette coming out of St Petersburg these days, they all seem to range from good to excellent and you could probably spend a happy year or so comparing the various brands that they produce there.

Just to chuck another one in the mix for you to try, I was recently gifted a pack of Indian Gillette 7 o'clock Permasharps, and they are bloody brilliant. Naturally, given the amount of enabling activity that goes on in this place, I was then recommended to try the Indian 7 o'clock Super Platinum (Blacks) and I “accidentally” bought 100 of those the other day...

Welcome to the rabbit hole!

I have, I got one of each in a sample pack from eBay.

They are both excellent blades, sharp and smooth and to me they were very similar in performance. At the time I just about preferred the Rubie, but they were a lot more expensive than the Nacet, like twice the price. At that price I didn't think their performance advantage was worth the premium over the Nacet.

Also I'd kind of settled on Polsilver Super Iridiums and Łódź as being my favourite blades and bought a 100 of each of those so wasn't really motivated to chase tiny incremental improvements in performance, which might just have been subjective anyway.

To be honest I think you'd be hard pressed to find a bad Gillette coming out of St Petersburg these days, they all seem to range from good to excellent and you could probably spend a happy year or so comparing the various brands that they produce there.

Just to chuck another one in the mix for you to try, I was recently gifted a pack of Indian Gillette 7 o'clock Permasharps, and they are bloody brilliant. Naturally, given the amount of enabling activity that goes on in this place, I was then recommended to try the Indian 7 o'clock Super Platinum (Blacks) and I “accidentally” bought 100 of those the other day...

Welcome to the rabbit hole!

cool, yea thats what i was thinking, can you justify the price difference the gillette rubies v the gillette nacets, especially if the difference is very minimal

so how would you say the indian gillette 7oc permasharps and the indian 7oc super platinums compare to the nacets and rubies?
or is there just not much to it?

cool, yea thats what i was thinking, can you justify the price difference the gillette rubies v the gillette nacets, especially if the difference is very minimal

so how would you say the indian gillette 7oc permasharps and the indian 7oc super platinums compare to the nacets and rubies?
or is there just not much to it?

It was a while back, and my technique has improved and I'm using different gear so my comparison would probably not be that relevant, but at the time I just about preferred both of the Polsilvers to the Nacet and Rubie, and they have remained favourites. I think the Permaharps are just as good, but they last maybe twice as long. Not tried the Blacks yet as they haven't arrived. I just took a punt really, I only meant to buy 20, but clicked on the wrong quantity!:ROFLMAO:

It was a while back, and my technique has improved and I'm using different gear so my comparison would probably not be that relevant, but at the time I just about preferred both of the Polsilvers to the Nacet and Rubie, and they have remained favourites. I think the Permaharps are just as good, but they last maybe twice as long. Not tried the Blacks yet as they haven't arrived. I just took a punt really, I only meant to buy 20, but clicked on the wrong quantity!:ROFLMAO:

a slip of the finger from 20 blades to 100 is called an addition my friend lool :p

keep us updated with how you find them once you got them :)

Nacets work really well for me in a mild razor. They're one of the sharpest blades - sharper than Feather, overall (except for the first shave).

Haven't tried rubies. According to the razor sharpness test, above, they're a lot milder than the nacets. Big Ben Super Stainless look like a better choice: much more consistent on successive shaves.

Sharp blades will be better for really coarse stubble. Milder blades will be less prone to nicks and cuts - but they can also cause more skin irritation if you find yourself pressing harder and making more passes to get the same result as a sharper blade. It's good to experiment to see what works best for you.

Nacets work really well for me in a mild razor. They're one of the sharpest blades - sharper than Feather, overall (except for the first shave).

Haven't tried rubies. According to the razor sharpness test, above, they're a lot milder than the nacets. Big Ben Super Stainless look like a better choice: much more consistent on successive shaves.

Sharp blades will be better for really coarse stubble. Milder blades will be less prone to nicks and cuts - but they can also cause more skin irritation if you find yourself pressing harder and making more passes to get the same result as a sharper blade. It's good to experiment to see what works best for you.
yea maybe i should get a sample pack, but i want to get a sample pack with every single de blade thats available out there, ermmm you can call me greedy lool :LOL:

When I bought my first DE I used the razor sharpness test (linked above) to figure out which blades were most consistent and then I picked a few in each category from mild to sharp.

When I bought my first DE I used the razor sharpness test (linked above) to figure out which blades were most consistent and then I picked a few in each category from mild to sharp.
where did you get your sample pack from? you from the uk too mate?

yea i came across that website before, interesting info on there, very good (y)

I hunted around on Ebay. Lots of people offering sample packs, although they might not all have the blades you're looking for.
Yea maybe I'll contact some of those ebayers who sell samples and ask if they do the whole lot in samples I suppose

okay so my first thought on my first head shave with the gillette nacet,
its smooth, actually even against the grain and thats on 5 days worth of growth on thick hair

i like it, the last time i shaved my head i used the 'Saiver ProfiMed'in a nutshell a razor that takes two de blades
and i used feather blades in it, that was a very good shave too, feather seemed sharper but really not sure which one is smoother though,
think i'll need to try the feather in the qshave razor too on the number 6 most aggressive mode

Back
Top Bottom