Gillette Executive

Anyone here get the Executive?

It was wrongly labelled as a Fatboy, and didn't have the right blade case but went for £164 which I thought was a pretty reasonable price for one of those.

Tall_Paul said:
Anyone here get the Executive?

It was wrongly labelled as a Fatboy, and didn't have the right blade case but went for £164 which I thought was a pretty reasonable price for one of those.

I gotta be missing something here buddy,

Which Executive are we talking about? I'm thinking it's the gold adjustable one from 1958...is that right?

If that's the case........oh wait a second. Was it a well known seller maybe? The one who gets amazing prices for their stuff........great pics and excellent descriptions? Hmmmm, probably not, since they know their razors.

Doesn't matter.......if it's the 1958 version that price is still nuts. i mean it's a nice razor and all......it was my go to razor for years and still a top favorite. Heh, makes me think about maybe selling my back up Exec.

Martin

No, no Martin. You should know me better than that!

It was the rhodium one in the ostrich skin case.

il_fullxfull.301126708.jpg

Dear Silvy's bi***.........I mean friend,

Did I do that asterisk thingy ok?

In regards to the Executive: Never mind (said in my best Emily Litella voice).

What threw me was the Fatboy reference by the seller. Sheeesh, what a maroon (said in my best Bugs Bunny voice).

Attachments

• YouTube - Emily Litella Nevermind.html
    15.6 KB · Views: 1
Indeed, though he corrected it in the listing without changing the title.

I was leading bidder until the last 6 seconds! Though in a strange way I was relieved as it's a lot of loot.

Tall_Paul said:
Indeed, though he corrected it in the listing without changing the title.

I was leading bidder until the last 6 seconds! Though in a strange way I was relieved as it's a lot of loot.

Sigh........Paul Paul Paul,

Look what's become of you, bidding crazy money on shaving crap. It tickles me to follow your adventures these days. Yeah, it's fun watching from the sidelines as someone becomes an 'extremely enthusiastic hobbyist' .

Now I guess you were gonna use it. Man, I read some posts about the performance somewhere but can't remember the forum.

That Executive and the 195 are two I actually may find in the wild over here. If I do find em that way, I'll have a good story to tell, complete with a crazy low price.

I think I'll maybe keep my seat on the TP Crazy Train ride (monkey operated), and see how things go along.

Dodgy

It's this rhodium ape Martin. You want to pray to whatever deity you believe in that you don't get one affixed to your back.

I think the Executive is a pipe dream unless I can stumble across one on Fleabay that no-one else notices. However, in that dream I can see you coming across two NOS examples in a garage sale and selling one to someone who you know has a murderous monkey attached to them.

Yep, that sounds like a plausible scenario.

Tall_Paul said:
It's this rhodium ape Martin. You want to pray to whatever deity you believe in that you don't get one affixed to your back.

I think the Executive is a pipe dream unless I can stumble across one on Fleabay that no-one else notices. However, in that dream I can see you coming across two NOS examples in a garage sale and selling one to someone who you know has a murderous monkey attached to them.

Yep, that sounds like a plausible scenario.

Jeez Paul,

Maybe an intervention would help to manage that particularly gruesome silverback. Guess I'm lucky not to have one of those damn things chattering in my ear all the time. Of course, I have my own noisy simian army to deal with...sheesh.

Yeah, there's deals to be found here in Yankeetown. I have two 1958 Executives in good shape.....both found at flea markets over the years. The 'expensive' one ran me $5, and the other was a 'bargain' at $3. That one came ina slim case in good condition.

Magilla

Back
Top Bottom