Gillette Bleue/Blue

As part of a blade swap with Ainslie (Gingerpose for those who don't know), I had the opportunity to try a NOS Bleue today in the 34c, and what a blade it is! Like night and day compared with the individually-wrapped modern version, which I tried a while back. I'm now looking for more of these so that I might have a small stock of them for special occasion shaves - if anyone has any to sell or finds any on eBay that they're not going to bid on, could they be so kind as to let me know, please?

In addition, I have found the following from an International seller: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130686997949?s...1423.l2648

The seller seems confused as to what they are, but I'd be interested to hear opinions as to whether these would be good to shave with (as opposed to collecting for its own sake), and, if so, whether they'd be similar to the Bleues.

I don't know how good those ones would be to shave with, maybe someone here has tired them and comment on them.

I can only agree with your thoughts on the Bleue blades, quite sharp but also quite nice in a number of razors. They were on the bay for a while but seem to have all but dried up now. I would post a WTB in the for sale section and see if you get any replies from there.

Father Ted said:
I could do. Im away at the mo in the caravan, let me tell you how many i have and then we can work something out from there. Im thinking at least 200 of them, possibly more.

Cheers, I'd probably be in the market for 50-100 at most - just enough to have as a treat option.

I've got a lot of Gillette blue Extra blades, are they same blade but in different packaging (white platic dispenser, holds 10 blades, cartons of 100) ? Very nice blade.

Kevin

Back
Top Bottom