Gillette 7 o'clock yellow

Steve27752 said:
Strangly I did not get on with the 7 o'clock yellow blades, however 7 o'clock green blades are amongst my favorites.

You're in a minority.
I find the yellows work well in all razors. The greens are a bit more choosey. They work well for me in some razors but are mediocre in others....

Not tried too many blades but thanks to a kind PIF by Northam Saint have been able to shave with these for a week or so now. I liked these so much that I have ordered 50 of ebay - was able to get a close, smooth shave.

I'm sure that my search for the 'best' blade is far from over (does it ever end?) But it is gopod to know that I'll have a supply of a good blade for a few months.

just had my first shave with these today. there now my favourite blades smooth and sharp not rough on the first shave with each blade like my experience with tiger blades.

no cuts either sometimes i think if someone came in the bathroom when i was shaving they'd think it was a suicide attempt :lol:

will order 120 when my 6 packs runout

superb blades imo :shave

Steve27752 said:
7 o'clock green blades are amongst my favorites.

Me too, in fact they're my absolute favourite. Somehow it's not fashionable to like the greens but they're the best and most consistently smooth blade I've ever tried.
Yellows come a close second.

Don't know why but me and yellows don't get on with the slant.

Shark super chrome however are superb.

I have some blacks here though, and will be trying those next.

I used a yellow a couple of days ago for the first time, gave me the best shave I've had since I started shaving properly(with DE razor), that said it is only the 3rd or 4th make of blade I've tried but it was :D still very impressive

With the yellow blades, it feels as if every single hair is being individualy plucked out! The green blades are totally different, smooth :shave

Does anyone find the Yellow's glue spots turn dark brown after a day or two in the razor? Leaves some residue on the razor that looks like rust but can be scratched off

NotTheStig said:
Does anyone find the Yellow's glue spots turn dark brown after a day or two in the razor? Leaves some residue on the razor that looks like rust but can be scratched off

I remove the glue spots with the old blade that im replacing.

Not to sound like im pushing anything on the BST, but for those that get on with the Yellows, i would highly recommend the Bleues that are going for a good price there at the moment.

I love the Yellows, they are my favourites closely followed by Gillette Superthins, not tried the greens yet but they sound somewhat "marmite like" from what you guys are saying.

hunnymonster said:
KRF1963 said:
I love the Yellows, they are my favourites closely followed by Gillette Superthins, not tried the greens yet but they sound somewhat "marmite like" from what you guys are saying.

Remember there are 2 types of green - Indian and Russian... two very different beasts indeed.

Are either worth trying?

KRF1963 said:
Are either worth trying?

Russian Greens? Da comrade, da. They're the ones with "Super Stainless" on the blade and pack, and the Petersburg Products address label. Same production line as the yellows.

The Indian greens are marked "Permasharp" and have no Russian address on the box. They actually get good some reviews over at B+B but I've never liked them.

You can PM me an address and I'd be happy to send you a box or two of the Petersburg "Super Stainless", I buy a hundred at a time. You just missed a big PIF of surplus!

Otherwise just buy some off eBay, there is a good seller on there who sells the greens. He supplies me with all of mine, give us a shout if you can't spot the obvious bargain on there.

I tried a yellow in the Merkur 34 HD last night - My God are these blades sharp or what?

I would compare them to the Feather Hi-Stainless I tried in the Muhle R89 a couple of weeks ago.

A good test of your technique me thinks :icon_eek:

But a fabulous shave without a doubt.

Back
Top Bottom